Managers thrive with us! HCA Healthcare is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, comprising of over 180 hospitals and about 2,000 sites of care in 21 states and the United Kingdom. We are looking for a(an) Emergency Services Manager FSED for our St. David's South Austin Medical Center team where excellence creates excellence.Benefits
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
HCA Healthcare has expanded our influence across the healthcare industry by investing $3.5 billion in capital improvements in recent years. Do you want to be an influencer in healthcare? Apply for our Emergency Services Manager FSED role today!Job Summary and Qualifications
The Manager ensures high quality, patient-centered care through oversight of the overall daily function and staffing of the unit/department. The Manager monitors and evaluates the provision of nursing care in accordance with established policies/procedures and holds staff accountable for quality and clinical outcomes in support of facility objectives.
- You will help create a superior clinical identity by operationalizing evidence-based practices to enhance patient safety and quality outcomes. Ensure adherence to standards of care.
- You will support efforts to reduce variation in clinical practice and improve efficiency, effectiveness, and cost. Ensure a culture of accountability and transparency in the provision of care.
- You will support the achievement of internal/external benchmarks, accreditations, and designations. You will ensure compliance with all policies, procedures, and regulatory standards.
- You will ensure equipment maintenance is performed regularly and according to regulatory and/or accreditation standards.
- You will manage admissions and discharge processes to ensure efficient throughput and high quality, patient-centered care.
- You will facilitate effective interdisciplinary care coordination within and across departments.
- You will ensure staff with appropriate clinical competencies are assigned to meet patient care needs.
- You will manage nursing practice and unit operations. Monitor and evaluate the provision of nursing care in accordance with established policies/procedures to ensure patient and family needs are assessed and met.
- You will provide leadership in attaining and sustaining an unparalleled patient experience. You will instill accountability for providing consistent, positive patient interactions that differentiate the organization as a healthcare leader.
- You will review various feedback mechanisms and help identify opportunities to improve customer/patient satisfaction. Support the development and implementation of strategies to elevate the patient experience.
- You will leverage various feedback mechanisms to benchmark performance and identify opportunities to improve patient satisfaction.
- You will ensure compliance with evidence-based practices that enhance patient experience and customer service.
- You will collaborate with subject matter experts and other leaders to create an environment of teamwork that supports improved outcomes and service.
- You will support a patient-first philosophy and engages in service recovery when necessary.
- You will manage staff scheduling. Maintain staffing in accordance with patient care needs and established productivity guidelines.
- You will manage operating expenses, including the utilization of supplies and equipment. Identifies cost reduction opportunities and implements actions to achieve savings.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Registered Nurse
- Bachelors Degree
- 1+ year of experience in a healthcare environment
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, which is part of St. David's HealthCare. We are a 368-bed acute care facility offering a range of complex specialties and sub-specialties. Our services include a nationally accredited oncology program with the area's only adult Transplant and Cellular Therapy Program; advanced trauma care with a Level II trauma center; comprehensive cardiac, stroke and orthopedic programs; full-service maternity and newborn care; and two full-service emergency centers in the communities of Bee Cave and Bastrop. St. David's South Austin Medical Center is affiliated with the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. We offer advanced robotic services for orthopedics, open heart and lung surgery, complex GI surgery, surgical oncology, general surgery, colorectal surgery, and urology. It was one of the first hospitals in Central Texas to combine the use of CT imaging and robotics to detect early stage lung cancer.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you're looking for a leadership opportunity that provides both personal satisfaction and professional growth, apply to join HCA Healthcare as a(an) Emergency Services Manager FSED. Unlock your leadership potential with HCA Healthcare.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website