Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Lead Patient Care Technician? At St. David's South Austin Medical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.Benefits
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Lead Patient Care Technician like you to be a part of our team.Job Summary and Qualifications
The Lead Patient Care Technician (PCT) delivers high quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of delegated basic patient care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily living. Under the supervision of the registered nurse (RN), the Lead PCT assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with the PCT's skills/training and the needs of the Department, and performs or assists with more advanced procedures based on one or more achieved specialty certifications. The Lead PCT complies with all hospital policies/procedures and observes the State Board of Nursing rules for licensed personnel. In addition, the Lead PCT assists with ongoing training and/or precepting of new and current employees as directed by the supervisor. The Lead PCT is responsible for ensuring new processes, equipment and other changes are communicated and/or taught to other PCTs.
What you will do in this role:
- Participates in the implementation of nursing care plans by performing direct and indirect patient care under the supervision of the licensed nurse.
- Obtains and records initial and ongoing patient information throughout the cycle of care, including admissions data, vital signs, height and weight, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, intake and output, calorie counts, and other patient information as outlined by policy.
- Assists with mobility by regular turning and positioning, dangling, and ambulating patients. Assists with use of walkers, crutches, canes, and wheelchairs. Transfers patients to and from other units, departments, or entities. Assists with discharges. Demonstrates proper body mechanics.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living to include eating and drinking, bathing, shaving, oral care, grooming, and elimination. Changes bed linens as needed.
- Performs hourly rounding and responds promptly to call lights and patient requests. Strives to anticipate patient needs and resolve them proactively.
- Engages in evidence-based best practices that enhance the patient experience, including SAFETY rounding, communication fundamentals/AIDET, Teach-Back, Narrating Care, etc.
- Meets with new hire PCTs at hospital-wide orientation. Precepts all new PCTs to ensure unit expectations and standards are known and followed.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Preceptor must be obtained within 90 days of employment start date
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is an acute-care facility in central Texas with more than 300 patient beds. The hospital is known in the community for its nationally accredited oncology program – the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Center, home to the area's only adult bone marrow transplant program – and Level II trauma center. The facility's full range of specialized services includes cardiovascular care and rehabilitation, imaging services, women's services, joint replacement and orthopedics, surgical services including weight loss surgery, wound care, emergency care, cancer care, nutrition services, and a sleep disorder center. The hospital operates three full-service emergency centers.
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David's HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David's Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Lead Patient Care Technician opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website