Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Registered Nurse Lead House Supervisor you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's South Austin Medical Center which is a part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at St. David's South Austin Medical Center!Job Summary and Qualifications
Lead House Supervisor is responsible for monitoring and coordinating intradepartmental and interdepartmental functioning of the hospital and communicating effectively with the AOC, department leaders as well as the house supervisor team.
The lead HS is responsible for the direction, supervision, coordination, and evaluation of nursing performance and activities related to the care and treatment of patients within the hospital on a specific shift, as well as when in the lead role. Coordinates staffing with the division as well as all in house units to provide appropriate safe staffing. Communicates closely with nursing admin, AOC, and the throughput leader, as well as all department leaders as needed. Routinely reviews schedules/staffing needs, books staff for adequate coverage. Verifies nursing unit schedules and communicates appropriately.
Follows and maintains scheduling policies and processes to ensure adequate balanced staffing throughout facility
Assesses personnel needs based on census, acuity, and the special needs of each unit
Adjusts staffing by reassigning staff, assigning PRN and agency personnel and coordinating overtime
Communicates and collaborates with unit Charge Nurses, Supervisors and/or Directors to assure appropriate staff coverage
Prioritizes clinical rounds to evaluate ongoing staff needs, and if necessary, identifies additional measures to provide assistance
Assists patient through put and patient flow.
The Lead House Supervisor will assist in managing the Float Pool, House Supervisors sitter pool, as well as the hospital screeners. Coordinates the organizational improvement activities of the nursing unit. Oversees the development, review and revision of policies, procedures and practices guidelines. Assists the Director in overseeing the financial operation of the department. Maintains knowledge of current practice standards with regards
- Graduate of an NLN Accredited School of Nursing.
- Minimum of five (5) years of clinical practice, three (3) which have been as a Charge Nurse or similar management role.
- Bachelor of Science degree from an NLN Accredited School of Nursing
- 1-2 years experience as House Supervisor.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Texas. Current BLS. ACLS required within 6 months of employment.
· Graduate from an accredited nursing program with a Bachelor's degree in nursing- Required.
· Master's degree preferred in education or nursing field
License and Certifications
Certification in area of specialty, per facility requirements
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, which is part of St. David's HealthCare. We are a 368-bed acute care facility offering a range of complex specialties and sub-specialties. Our services include a nationally accredited oncology program with the area's only adult Transplant and Cellular Therapy Program; advanced trauma care with a Level II trauma center; comprehensive cardiac, stroke and orthopedic programs; full-service maternity and newborn care; and two full-service emergency centers in the communities of Bee Cave and Bastrop. St. David's South Austin Medical Center is affiliated with the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. We offer advanced robotic services for orthopedics, open heart and lung surgery, complex GI surgery, surgical oncology, general surgery, colorectal surgery, and urology. It was one of the first hospitals in Central Texas to combine the use of CT imaging and robotics to detect early stage lung cancer.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Registered Nurse Lead House Supervisor opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website