Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At St. Mark's Hospital we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) RN Emergency Room and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.Benefits
St. Mark's Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our RN Emergency Room opening and continue to learn!Job Summary and Qualifications
As a highly-skilled and compassionate ER Nurse you will deliver exceptional patient care in our fast-paced emergency room. You will treat everything from minor injuries to acutely or critically ill patients. Our team supports each other like family and we are looking for someone who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do.
In this role:
- You will triage, assess and treat patients of all ages.
- You will manage multiple cases simultaneously providing general nursing care and prioritizing needs continually.
- You will act in a composed and professional manner, especially under pressure.
- You will provide follow up care instructions to patients and make necessary referrals.
- You will maintain accurate and up-to-date patient charts.
- You must coordinate functions with physicians and other departments of the hospital, while being patient focused and safety aware at all times.
- Current Utah nursing license in good standing or Compact State RN license
- Previous working experience in the ER as a registered nurse or RN acute care experience
- Associate's Degree in nursing required, bachelor's preferred
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) preferred
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- NIH Stroke Scale must be obtained within 90 days of employment start date
- Trauma Nursing Core Course must be obtained within 1 year of employment start date
- Emergency Nurse Pediatric Cour, or PALS Pediatric Adv Life Supt must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Advanced Cardiac Life Spt must be obtained within 90 days of employment start date
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
For 150 years, St. Mark's Hospital has provided a full-spectrum of healthcare services to Salt Lake City and its surrounding communities. As Utah's first hospital, St. Mark's team members uphold a rich tradition of patient-centered, top-quality care at our 308 plus bed hospital. St Mark's drives the development of some of the regions finest clinical service areas such as neurosciences, trauma, orthopedics, cardiac care and robotic surgery. St. Mark's was named to the Fortune/IBM Watson Health 100 Top Hospitals® list. This is the eighth time this hospital has been recognized with this honor as one of the top performing Teaching Hospitals in the U.S.
St. Mark's has expanded emergency access to the communities we serve with two free standing emergency centers, Taylorsville Emergency Center and West Valley Emergency Center. Both locations have 10 plus patient rooms are staffed 24/7 by experienced board-certified emergency room physicians, nurses and support teams from St. Mark's Hospital. In addition to ER care, both facilities give comprehensive imaging services, including computerized tomography (CT scan), X‐ray, and ultrasound as well as a fully-equipped medical laboratory.
Nestled at the foot of the Wasatch Mountains, St. Mark's sits in a picturesque and ideal location. From our hospital doors it's a quick commute to Salt Lake's urban and cultural benefits, and a short drive to outdoor adventures and Utah's glorious national parks.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our RN Emergency Room opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website