ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze various collateral types as well as financial statements, and create cash flow models to be utilized in support of new and existing commercial loans, renewal requests, and amendments.
- Assist in the preparation of credit evaluation memorandums, annual and quarterly reviews, and accurate and timely risk ratings.
- Assist in the ongoing management and monitoring of a commercial loan portfolio.
- Prepare quarterly trend analysis with situation updates and risk rating evaluations for assigned borrowers.
- Ensure that certain financial statements and compliance certificates are up-to-date.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the soundness of borrowers and collateral through financial research including evaluating financial statements and analyzing third party data.
- Assist in preparation of monthly Bank Board of Directors reports providing a summary of commercial relationships.
- May mentor and educate lower level PBLCAs as needed.
- Assist in coordination of closings including working with and prepping Borrowers, Loan Operations, Legal, FA team, and other stakeholders.
- Assist in identifying, tracking, and executing post-closing requirements.
- Work with Loan Operations to address issues escalated to senior management reports and exception lists.
- Understand and comply with all regulations, including the Community Reinvestment Act, Bank Secrecy Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, etc.
- Intermediate knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, accounting or another business related field is required
- 3-5 years' of credit analyst work or related experience preferred
Established in 1890, Stifel is one of the nation's leading full-service wealth management and investment banking firms. Stifel serves clients from more than 400 offices across the United States and ranks as the nation's seventh largest full-service investment firm in terms of number of financial advisors. We are also a leading provider of investment banking services to the middle market, a top-ten municipal bond underwriter, and home to one of the industry's largest research franchises. In addition our Stifel Bank subsidiary provides a comprehensive range of banking services.
At Stifel we offer an entrepreneurial environment, comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental and vision care, 401k, wellness initiatives, life insurance, and paid time off.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. We continue to monitor the current public health situation and have adjusted our hiring procedures to include virtual recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
Stifel Bank is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Apply on company website