The IRA Associate assists in performing a variety of entries, done manually or by way of Stifel's eQuest system. Quality control is done through multiple queries, documentation review, and following strict IRS rules and regulations. The Associate begins learning the basics of the IRA department's functions and terminology.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works closely with branches regarding IRA distributions, rollovers, deaths, divorce and all other IRA account maintenance.
- Reviews the accuracy of all forms submitted by branch personnel.
- Images and indexes documents received, compute, records, and proofread data and other information such as records or reports.
- Reviews files, records, and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests.
- Answers telephones, directs calls, takes messages and may answer correspondence, as directed.
- Minimum Required: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum Required: 0-1 years related experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to relay information well in both written and verbal form.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Solid and reliable mathematical skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Able to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks, responsibilities and deadlines; is able to follow through and accomplish goals, manage expectations appropriately and use firm's resources efficiently.
Established in 1890, Stifel is one of the nation's leading full-service wealth management and investment banking firms. Stifel serves clients from more than 400 offices across the United States and ranks as the nation's seventh largest full-service investment firm in terms of number of financial advisors. We are also a leading provider of investment banking services to the middle market, a top-ten municipal bond underwriter, and home to one of the industry's largest research franchises. In addition our Stifel Bank subsidiary provides a comprehensive range of banking services.
At Stifel we offer an entrepreneurial environment, comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental and vision care, 401k, wellness initiatives, life insurance, and paid time off.
Stifel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website