Under administrative direction, the Research Associate III is primarily responsible for providing information, data gathering, analysis, modeling, and organizational support to the Research Associate VP and senior Research staff. A level III Associate has mastered the functions of a level II Associate and can perform many of the functions of an associate, including effectively filling the role of the Research Associate VP in his or her absence. A Research Associate III is developing the ability to react to new information and assist the associate in making judgment calls on stocks and take a proactive role in helping the associate run the franchise.
- Build and maintain Excel-based financial models, including income statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements, and discounted cash flow analysis.
- Formulate mathematical or simulation models of problems, relating constants and variables, restrictions, alternatives, conflicting objectives, and their numerical parameters.
- Analyze information obtained from management in order to conceptualize and define operational problems.
- Perform validation and testing of models to ensure adequacy; reformulate models as necessary.
- Building and updating comp sheets.
- Managing the databases and electronic data services (i.e. Bloomberg, FactSet, etc.)
- Must be able to clearly state and defend the senior level Research Analysts investment thesis and outlook for each of the stocks under coverage.
- Able to clearly apply, defend and/or develop valuation methodologies for the stocks under coverage and the broader sector.
- Ability to react to new information and what it means to the stocks.
- Proactively generate ideas that enhance research.
- Respond to questions from institutional sales and clients regarding covered companies, and industry questions and data requests.
- Generate report ideas and fully develop written product.
- Meets the special projects demands of the Research Associate VP.
- Continues to build overall development of job knowledge.
- Bachelors Degree required; MBA desired
- 3-5 years of relevant industry experience
- CFA or other professional designation/certification in related field and industry
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Inductive Reasoning – The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Economics, Accounting, Finance, and Securities Analysis - Knowledge of economic, accounting, and financial principles and practices, the financial markets, the industry, the analysis and reporting of financial data, and associated terminology.
Keefe, Bruyette & Woods (KBW), a Stifel Company, is a full-service investment bank and broker dealer specializing in the financial services sector. KBW has established itself as a leading independent authority in the depositories, insurance companies, broker-dealers, mortgage banks, asset management companies, securities exchange, and specialty finance sectors. The professionals at KBW have deep domain expertise and understand the rapidly changing financial services industry. Based on a history of exceptional transaction execution and significant senior level attention, KBW is a trusted advisor by its clients.
KBW offers a competitive salary and benefits (medical, vision, dental, paid time off, 401k) and is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. We continue to monitor the current public health situation and have adjusted our hiring procedures to include virtual recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
Keefe, Bruyette & Woods (KBW) is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Apply on company website