The Wealth Strategist II is a subject matter expert and resource for Financial Advisors (“FA”) on issues affecting clients of varying wealth profiles. We are seeking a professional with income tax expertise for this role, preferably a CPA. The Wealth Strategist provides expert income tax planning knowledge and consultation in addition to serving as the primary external sales and marketing support for Estate & Tax Planning Services, part of Stifel's Wealth Planning Department. Estate & Tax Planning Services covers topics such as simple and complex financial planning, estate planning, income tax planning, charitable planning, business continuation and succession planning, and personal trust planning. Specific issues covered include strategies for concentrated positions, equity-based compensation, income tax return analysis, asset protection, multi-generational wealth transfer, federal and state death tax minimization, wealth replacement, gifting, key-person insurance, qualified plans, and non-qualified deferred compensation. The professional we hire will focus on the income tax aspects of the matters described above.
Consulting services range from conference calls and/or in-person meetings with Stifel FAs and their individual clients, to conducting client seminars and training sessions for Stifel FAs, other Stifel employees, and outside centers of influence, such as attorneys and tax advisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drafting, reviewing, and presenting detailed analyses of individual clients' income tax situation by phone or in person.
- Consulting by phone, via email, and in person with Stifel FAs and their individual clients.
- Consulting with clients' outside counsel and/or tax advisors to coordinate appropriate solutions for clients.
Marketing, Training, and Education
- Generating and maintaining client-facing and advisor-facing educational materials.
- Developing and presenting educational seminars for clients and internal training seminars for Stifel FAs.
- Educating FAs and clients with respect to relevant topics.
- Traveling as necessary (up to 25%) once the COVID-19 pandemic ends.
- Ability to analyze and simplify complicated income tax planning situations to provide high quality solutions for clients of varying wealth profiles.
- Ability to explain income tax planning concepts in a manner that can be easily understood by clients.
- Strong analytical skills.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Required: Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or related field or equivalent work related experience
- Minimum Preferred: Certified Public Accountant
- Minimum Required: 5+ years of income tax planning experience
LICENSES AND CREDENTIALS
- Minimum Required: Series 7 and 66 (or 7, 63, and 65) required within first 6 months of employment
- Minimum Required: Life, Health, and Long-Term Care Insurance Licenses required within first 6 months of employment
SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGY
- BNA Estate & Gift Tax Planner
- BNA Income Tax Planner
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Acrobat
Established in 1890, Stifel is one of the nation's leading full-service wealth management and investment banking firms. Stifel serves clients from more than 400 offices across the United States and ranks as the nation's seventh largest full-service investment firm in terms of number of financial advisors. We are also a leading provider of investment banking services to the middle market, a top-ten municipal bond underwriter, and home to one of the industry's largest research franchises. In addition our Stifel Bank subsidiary provides a comprehensive range of banking services.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. We continue to monitor the current public health situation and have adjusted our hiring procedures to include virtual recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new candidates. We look forward to “virtually” meeting you.
At Stifel we offer an entrepreneurial environment, comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental and vision care, 401k, wellness initiatives, life insurance, and paid time off.
Stifel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website