- Provides clinical services and develops and implements plan of care in conjunction with collaborating physician(s).
- Obtains patient medical history and performs physical examinations and preventative health measures within prescribed guidelines.
- Initiates necessary laboratory and diagnostic tests. Interprets laboratory and test results.
- Confers with collaborating physician(s), nursing staff and/or other care providers to ensure optimum quality of patient care, and to prepare a comprehensive patient care plan. Refers to appropriate physician(s) for more complicated medical cases or cases that are not a routine part of a NP's scope of practice.
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans. Obtains consultations and/or referrals as appropriate. Ensures all follow-up appointments are completed on a timely basis.
- Responds to patient inquiries, answers questions and refers questions to physician(s) as appropriate.
- Documents all patient care services in the electronic medical record.
- Provides health education counseling to patients and families as appropriate; and supports programs for patients and their families. Answers questions about condition and treatment plan.
- Participates in and supports performance improvement and risk management activities.
- Completes required continuous training and education, including practice specific requirements. Demonstrates professional work behavior and complies with organizational policies and procedures and federal and state requirements.
- Establishes and maintains patient educational materials;
- Works closely with physicians and other clinicians in a team approach to patient care.
- Respects and protects the patient's rights to confidentiality and privacy and discloses information only for the professional purposes which are in the patient's best interests with full consideration of their legal rights. Displays a positive attitude when interacting with physician's office staff, physicians and fellow employees of the office.
- Master's degree and successful completion of accredited nurse practitioner program
- Current licensure as Nurse Practitioner by state of New York or Connecticut
- Board certification
- Current BLS and ACLS certification
- Knowledge of medical procedures and guidelines concerning assessment, treatment, and recovery
- Ability to work collaboratively within a clinical team
- Demonstrated professional competence and integrity and ethical conduct of practice
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and effective conflict resolution skills
- Patient focused and committed to providing outstanding and compassionate care and service to all patients
- Strong computer skills and EMR knowledge
A friendly and fast-paced environment working with passionate people
Outstanding growth opportunities
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Short/Long Term Disability, HSA, and Life Insurance
401K plan with company matching contribution
Cash Bonus Programs
Recognition and rewards programs to recognize successful teams
Other Perks & Discounts
Commuter and parking discount program to help you save (using pretax dollars)
*Full Time Benefit Eligible Employees OnlyEqual Opportunity Employer
Our Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, creed, gender/sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression (including transgender status), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.Safety Disclaimer
Our Company cares about the safety of our employees and applicants. Our Company does not use chat rooms for job searches or communications. Our Company will never request personal information via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. Our Company will never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other personal information prior to the in-person interview. Be aware of potential scams while job seeking. Interviews are conducted at select Our Company locations during regular business hours only. For information on job scams, visit, https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams or file a complaint at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/.
Apply on company website