Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a well-established and progressive defense contracting company in the Northern Virginia area just a few miles south of the Pentagon. We are a professional services firm established in 1972 that has a long-standing reputation for unrivaled technical and analytical support to some of the top decision makers in the Federal Sector. We do state of the art work and have a cadre of outstanding professionals on our team.
SPA's Undersea and Surface Warfare Division (USWD) provides timely, objective, analytic assessments, strategic planning, and expert operational, technical and acquisition support to the Undersea Community. We are trusted agents of NAVSEA and Program Executive Officer Submarines.
SPA is seeking multiple candidates with various levels of experience to support a PEO (SUB) Program Office as a business financial manager.
- Provide Undersea Weapon System program and project management support and financial management expertise to NAVSEA affiliated PEOs for selected appropriated programs.
- Assist in planning, programming, budgeting, and execution (PPBE) for undersea warfare systems. This includes assisting in developing fiscal estimates, exhibits, documents, briefs and schedules to satisfy the PPBE process.
- Prepare, manage and track budgets, spend plans, funding obligation and execution, and other financial programmatic needs. Coordinate with stakeholders to obtain funding data, resolve issues, identify discrepancies, and produce reports related to budget status. Execute Earned Value Management System.
- Provide financial management support to contracts for contract performance reports, estimate at completion, change orders/contract mods, statutory requirements, CDRLs, etc.
- Develop cost analyses and reports for leadership in response to internal or external inquiries.
- 3+ years of acquisition experience in support of the Department of Defense, an armed service, or a related position (such as think tanks, Congressional staff, UARCs/FFRDCs, or other defense contractors).
- Financial management expertise
- Demonstrated leadership and strong communication and customer management skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Active Secret Security DoD clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or accounting
- Relevant experience in Navy acquisition or in-service programs that includes leading programs or projects and interfacing with an end item customer
- Experience with Foreign Military Sales business financial management
Apply on company website