Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a well-established and progressive defense contracting company in the Northern Virginia area just a few miles south of the Pentagon. We are a professional services firm established in 1972 that has a long-standing reputation for unrivaled technical and analytical support to some of the top decision makers in the Federal Sector. We do state of the art work and have a cadre of outstanding professionals on our team.
SPA's Undersea and Surface Warfare Division (USWD) provides timely, objective, analytic assessments, strategic planning, and expert operational, technical and acquisition support to the Undersea Community. We are trusted agents of NAVSEA and Program Executive Officer Submarines.
SPA is seeking multiple candidates to support a PEO (SUB) Program Office and act as the Navy Qualified Validator responsible for the Navy PEO (SUB)'s Risk Management Framework. #IN123 #CJ
- Provide Undersea Weapon System subject matter expertise to NAVSEA affiliated PEOs and program managers for selected appropriated programs.
- Oversee and assess the cybersecurity risk assessment process within the overall Risk Management Framework (RMF) Assessment and Authorization (A&A) process, assist with the assessment of the security controls, review RMF packages and certify the residual risk in support of an RMF authorization.
- Conduct an independent, comprehensive assessment of the management, operational, and technical controls employed within the Navy system. The validator acts as an independent third party who assesses and validates that the system has implemented the approved security control baseline.
- Support government program managers in evaluating cybersecurity documentation and deliverables from the prime system integrator in support of acquisition milestones and authorizations to operate.
- Develop and maintain System Security Plans (SSP), Contingency Plans, Privacy Impact Assessments, Certification Reports, Accreditation Reports, Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M), and other Certification and Accreditation (C&A) documentation.
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science or a relevant field (technical or managerial discipline).
- 3+ years of relevant experience demonstrating proficiency in areas discussed above for DoD and business IT systems and the phases of Information Assurance (IA) Certification and Accreditation (C&A) process.
- IAM Level II in Cyber Security Workforce.
- Satisfies CNSS no. 4016 (Risk Analyst), Intermediate Level, but not required to hold the certificate.
- Active DoD Secret Security clearance.
- Seven (7) years of relevant experience in Risk Management Framework (RMF), Information Assurance (IA) or Certification & Accreditation (C&A) related field.
- Familiarity with and understanding of Navy IT sites, systems and infrastructure.
- Experience working with Navy C&A efforts as a Navy Validator.
Apply on company website