The Information Technology (IT) Information Systems Security Team establishes and maintains the classified technology infrastructure and application support services required by our analysts to deliver timely, objective and cost-effective analysis. We design, develop, and deploy hardware- and software based solutions in close coordination with SPA's client-facing groups while adhering to strict security protocols.
With minimal supervision, the System Administrator implements technical controls to support the classified cybersecurity program, which ensures secure operations in network and computing environments at various classification levels. In this role, you will be responsible for building, installing and configuring physical and virtual servers/systems, virus updates, patching and performance tuning. The System Administrator is also responsible for providing troubleshooting and end-user support services for classified systems. #CJ #IN123
Key role responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build and maintain Windows-based Information Systems (IS) in compliance with relevant Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Configure accounts, manage permissions and access to systems and network devices.
- Analyze vulnerabilities, formulate mitigation strategies, and implement solutions.
- Troubleshoot application and operating system issues using all available resources (knowledge bases, online resources, etc.) to ensure the timely resolution of issues.
- Conduct regular audits to make sure systems are being operated securely, and information systems (IS) security policies and procedures are being implemented as defined in security plans.
- Research, evaluate, test, communicate, and implement new software or devices.
- Assist with routine investigations of IS security violations and incidents, reporting as necessary to management.
- Assist with the day-to-day operational maintenance, support and upgrades for operating systems, workstations, and related hardware.
- Preform basic software patching and security upgrades to operating systems and software packages.
- Document security requirements identified by the Government Contracting Agency (GCA) and the protection measures implemented to fulfill these requirements for the information contained in the IS.
- Conduct or assist with ongoing security reviews and tests of the IS to periodically verify that security features and operating controls are functional and effective.
- Troubleshoot and maintain classified IS for daily use.
- Assist with safeguarding the network against unauthorized infiltration, modification, destruction, or disclosure.
- Evaluate proposed changes or additions to the IS, and advising the ISSM/IAM of their security relevance.
- Support risk assessment analysis, execute the IS Continuous Monitoring Plan, and assist with data recovery activities, etc.
- High School Diploma with 4-years work experience OR Bachelor's degree in an IT related field with 2-years system administration experience.
- 1+ years of experience managing networked classified information systems.
- In accordance with Department of Defense (DoD) 8570.01M, must meet the proficiency and certification requirements of an IAT Level II. Acceptable certifications include Security+ CE, CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, and GSEC.
- Experience managing Windows Domains, Active Directory, and Group Policy in a secure operating environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and a working knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems.
- Effective oral and written communication skills for working within a team environment.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Active Security Clearance.
- Experience validating system compliance using the Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) Validation Tool.
- Experience using Ivanti/WSUS/SSCM to managed updates and patches.
- Experience configuring systems for compliance using Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and STIG Viewer.
Apply on company website