Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are working together for the future of our world. We combine engineering and science with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technologists.
Join us today. You will be proud to be a part of a company built on Leading with Science.
Gemini Energy Services, A Tetra Tech Company commitment to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them thrive professionally is stronger than ever. We are seeking Advanced and Experienced Wind Turbine Technicians to join our dynamic team. Qualified candidates will be responsible for the operations and maintenance of wind turbine generators to include troubleshooting and repair of mechanical and electrical components. You must be willing to travel for six weeks at a time, 40-60 hours per week. Qualified candidates must be able to consistently climb wind turbine towers up to 300 feet in height, up to three times a day.
- Ensure that safety is first in all work activities, including the right to stop work if a potential hazard is identified, working with team member to be aware of site conditions and the risks associated with work.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, use, inspect and care for company-provided tools, equipment, vehicles, and personal protective gear.
- Understanding of direct current electricity, alternating current electricity and electronics.
- Ability to train other employees in operations, maintenance and repair procedures.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures and manuals.
- Ability to write reports, complete work orders, chart information and track progress on tasks.
- Ability to complete timecards with detailed descriptions of work performed, expense reports for reimbursement of airline baggage fees, company vehicle car washes and other job-related incidentals eligible for repayment.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients and fellow employees.
- Travel required (up to 90% of the time).
- Local positions available.
- High school or equivalent
- Wind School or Electrical or Mechanical Experience of 2 years
- Active wind tech 2 or more years of experience
- Troubleshooting, Commissioning, Leadership roles, Supervisors, Construction Managers, Safety Representatives
- Any turbine technology and platform experience are welcome, including Solar experience
- Ability to lead teams, train new employees, complete reports
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, diagrams, work instructions, manuals
- Must have current valid driver's license and clean DMV record with less than three moving violations in the past three years
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and physical exam
- Capable of lifting at least 40 lbs.
- Capable of bending, twisting, and lifting items overhead.
- Capable of climbing a wind tower up to 300 ft in height up to three times daily
Preferred Certifications to Be Uploaded:
- NFPA 70e electrical training
- OSHA 10 Hour Safety Course completion
- Tower Rescue / Competent Climber Certification or similar
- First Aid / CPR
- GWO preferred but not required
About Tetra Tech:
Gemini Energy Services, a Tetra Tech Company is the leading independent service provider of wind and solar technicians in the United States. Our technicians work on multiple types of wind turbine generators, learning different technologies to build a strong skill set. Technicians can live in the place of their choice and travel from their home site to projects for six-week durations before the scheduled break. Gemini pays for all flights or rental cars for the commute to work and back to the home site.
Gemini works on projects that include Operations and Maintenance, Construction, Research and Development, Inspection Services and Engineering Services. Candidates that are open to both wind and solar projects have opportunities for cross-training on different types of renewable energy equipment. Acquired by Tetra Tech in 2014, Gemini is a strong addition to grow into O&M Wind and Solar services.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees— 20,000 associates working together to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/en/careers and http://www.geminienergyservices.com/
LinkedIn: @TetraTechCareers @geminienergyservices
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity and inclusion are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, abilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
If you are disabled and need assistance with your job application process, please fax the position you are applying for to: (330) 659-5931.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
No calls or agencies
- Organization: 194 CES
Apply on company website