Tetra Tech is seeking part time architects, engineers, and technicians qualified to assess electrical, mechanical, fire protection, exteriors including roofs, interiors, and other facility systems, as well as linear utility systems, stormwater, wastewater, water, electrical, natural gas, pavement, steam or compressed air. While we are seeking people that want the flexibility of part time work, there may also be full time opportunities for personnel who also demonstrate the desire and ability to prepare reports, inventory information, and analyze data obtained in the field. This is a remote, field based position with the ability to work from most locations nationwide.
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
SUMMARY: Tetra Tech is an industry leader in Infrastructure Asset Management Services. We complete numerous facility, infrastructure, and utility condition assessments and inventory collection projects for government and commercial clients worldwide each year. Our assessments include an asset inspection and engineering analysis of the level of maintenance and history, failure trends, root cause analyses, and work requirements to be accomplished that establishes the physical and mechanical condition of an asset.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strict adherence to Tetra Tech safety policies.
- Perform facility assessments of buildings, structures and other real property assets across the building structural/civil/architectural, mechanical/electrical/plumbing and fire protection systems. Perform utility infrastructure assessments of stormwater, wastewater, water, electrical, natural gas, compressed air, pavement, and other linear utility distribution type assets.
- Conduct inventory and condition assessments of building systems consistent with the UNIFORMAT convention per ASTM E1557.
- Utilize electronic mediums (smartphone, tablets, or other devices) efficiently to accurately capture inventory and condition assessment data.
- Provide quality assurance over field data collected by self or others to ensure accuracy and eliminate data gaps.
- Identify building/infrastructure components and document deficiencies to update the facility condition index (FCI).
- Generate system summary reports for assigned systems.
- Field work on-site in both CONUS and OCONUS on trips lasting 1-3 weeks.
- Use of various condition assessment and inventory data systems. Project activities can also include obtaining and correlating existing building drawings, preparing data collection devices, assessment of facility exterior, interior, and roof, as well as mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems (MEP) and providing scope and rough order of magnitude costs for needed repairs and condition index for each assessed facility.
QUALIFICATIONS OR REQUIREMENTS:
- The assessment and inventory collection requirements are varied and often vary from one location to the next. Successful candidates will generally have some level of expertise in at least one of the building, utility, or infrastructure systems listed in the position summary and a working knowledge of other systems.
- Successful candidates will also have a strong desire to learn more about the technology used to assess and collect inventory information of various systems and be comfortable entering data in portable electronic devices.
- Mechanical/Electrical assessors shall be capable of conducting inventory and condition assessments of building mechanical/electrical/plumbing (MEP) systems and supporting infrastructure.
- Structural assessors shall be capable of understanding and identifying building envelopes including various structural systems, exterior/interior walls and windows, roofing, flooring and related architectural finishes.
- Utility assessors shall be capable of opening manholes and other utility infrastructure to conduct visual inspections and perform inventory collection. Confined space entry is not required for this position.
- Assessors should have general knowledge of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements and be able to identify life safety issues.
- Ability to work independently with minimum Project Manager oversight while maintaining schedule discipline.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required including technical report writing experience.
- Interact with Project Manager, Technical Leads, and co-workers to ensure compliance with project scope objectives.
- Familiarity with industrial, large office, and other large facility types.
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain a National Agency Check with Local Agency Check (NACLC) clearance from the Department of Defense (DoD).
- Valid state driver license and ability to obtain U.S. Passport.
- Successfully pass a Department of Motor Vehicles background check by designated company automobile insurance carrier.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A technical bachelor's degree is highly desired. Examples include, architecture, engineering (civil, mechanical, electrical, environmental, geomatics), this list is not all inclusive.
- Candidates without a technical degree will be considered if they can demonstrate 10+ years of practical experience dealing with the building and infrastructure systems highlighted in the position summary.
- Previous experience working in public works and facility management for military, federal agencies, municipal or public works departments are desired.
- Experience (5+ years) performing asset assessments is desired, however Tetra Tech offers a robust training program for people with a willingness to learn.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Candidates will be expected to lift manhole covers and may be required to lift 50-pound objects on an occasional basis. Workdays can be long with candidates required to be on their feet for extended hours, climbing ladders, crawling in small spaces (utility tunnels, crawl spaces, etc.), and possibly covering 4-6 miles of walking.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Candidates will be required to travel to work sites and may be exposed to varied weather conditions, including heat and cold weather.
- Candidates can expect to spend most of their workdays outside working in teams of 2–4 people for 8-10 hours per day on occasions for many days in a row.
- Depending on the project schedule some weekend work will be required.
- Normally work schedules are set 21-30 days in advance.
- When not conducting field assessment work, candidates will normally return to their home, some remote support work may be available, but otherwise would wait for next field assignment.
- Overtime (time and a half) is available when more than 40 hours are worked in one week (Saturday-Friday).
LANGUAGE/COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Candidate must speak, read and understand the English language. Accurate report writing is a requirement of this position.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Understanding of basic mathematic skills is required.
OTHER SKILLS: Candidates must have experience with Microsoft Office Suite programs (i.e., Word, Excel, and Access or related database software). Familiarity using Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is desired.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 178 TTS
Apply on company website