Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech's San Juan, Puerto Rico office is looking for a Regional Manager to manage our Caribbean operations. The Caribbean Regional Manager will be responsible for the oversight and growth of Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands (USVI) operations (PTR: San Juan, Mayagüez and USVI), including contract, project, financial, risk, and personnel management and business development. This position is based in San Juan, Puerto Rico and reports directly to the WTR East Operations Manager. The Caribbean Region operations work closely with the mainland operations to capitalize on current and potential synergies to foster intracompany collaboration and expand services throughout the southeastern United States, Puerto Rico and Caribbean markets. More About This Role:
The Caribbean Regional Manager will oversee all operations and project implementation in Puerto Rico's San Juan and Mayaguez offices and the USVI, their multi-disciplinary staff performance, and will contribute to strategically position Tetra Tech to develop new Caribbean and Puerto Rico markets. Through close coordination with the Caribbean Regional Strategy Director, the Caribbean Regional Manager will be responsible for overseeing the effective implementation of Tetra Tech's policies and procedures, strategic projects, and ensure that all Caribbean and Puerto Rico operations are aligned. Projects include but are not limited to storm and flood risk mitigation, coastal risk management, waterfront infrastructure, environmental remediation and restoration. Services provided include water and energy related infrastructure planning, permitting, design, project management, and construction support. The following list of duties and responsibilities are the priorities of the Caribbean Regional Manager:
- Business development and client/project management throughout the Caribbean market. Maintain a strong network of strategic relationships with decision makers within government agencies, private sector owners and operators, and consulting and construction teaming partners.
- As a regional lead will contribute to develop new markets and strategic planning efforts to enhance proposal development, technical qualifications, and overall client development efforts that lead to contract awards.
- Oversee and review negotiations of professional services contracts within defined company authorization limits and consistent with risk management policies.
- Ensure all projects in the region are managed to deliver the quality expected by clients and the maximum financial performance expected by management.
- Responsible for group direction and cost management of marketing, IT, finance, technical and administrative staff.
- Provide strategic direction to PR San Juan and Mayaguez operations managers to ensure optimal overall annual performance and goals are reached.
- Strong leadership and mentoring of staff to be executed on a regular basis for the whole region.
- Lead all staff within the group and oversee management, administration, and production of staff activities to meet client, contract and company operational objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring annual operating plans and financial objectives are met.
- Ensure that quality assurance and quality control procedures are followed.
- Maintain a high ethical standard and professional office environment while ensuring safety protocols and procedures and operating in conformance with company policies and procedures.
- Promote open and constructive communication among professional staff through regularly scheduled staff and project team meetings. Regularly visit offices located in the region.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- The Caribbean Regional Manager position requires strong scientific, technical, business development, financial, contract review/risk management and communication skills and experience. The Caribbean Regional Manager will be required to successfully contribute to an increase in the gross and net revenue and profit of the existing operation. Position requirements include:
- Master's degrees in science, environmental engineering or environmental management
- 25+ years minimum experience in project, personnel and budget management
- Strong English-Spanish fluency
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
Preference will be given to individuals possessing proven experience in international, Caribbean region, United States and Puerto Rico project development and implementation, as well as to those with proven experience in multi-lateral, federal, private and public programs and project administration and management.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 100 DIV
Apply on company website