As part of Tetra Tech's High Performance Buildings Group, we bring together the expertise of talented engineers, commissioning agents, and energy analysts from around the world. We offer high-end, sustainable building consulting and MEP engineering services for blue-chip clients across every building sector. Our services include MEP design, Net Zero Energy, lighting design, commissioning, vertical transportation, low voltage, information technologies, security, audiovisual, code consulting/fire engineering, sustainability consulting, and acoustics. We are Better Together—Powered by Innovation.
Cosentini Associates (www.cosentini.com), a Tetra Tech company, is seeking a Commissioning/Field Engineer to join our renowned design team in our Boston office; now in the heart of Boston's Financial District, minutes from South Station. Cosentini is an international engineering firm specializing in building systems design for a range of projects, including office and residential buildings, laboratories, academic and government facilities, museums, and more.
About this opportunity:
As a Commissioning/Field Engineer at Cosentini, you will have the opportunity to apply your design expertise on exciting and challenging projects. You will have the chance to collaborate with some of the top engineers in the industry, gaining additional expertise and building your reputation and career, while contributing to the growth of the commissioning and field engineering practice.
• Perform periodic field observation visits and reports for MEP/FP systems including pictures of field conditions. Reports will be prepared using Word, Excel and/or BIM-360.
• Perform final punch list of MEP/FP systems including final reports and subsequent punch list back check visits.
• Witness startup of critical MEP/FP systems and provide associated field reports.
• Perform initial due diligence field survey and associated reports to assess buildings which are slated for renovation.
• Support ongoing third-party commissioning of MEP/FP Systems
• Support the office engineering team by responding to inquiries from sub-contractors during field visits.
• Attend meetings with architects, contractors, owners and building managers.
• Support office engineering staff by reviewing submittals and responses to Requests for Information and providing input as needed.
• Participate in strategic planning and business development contributing to the growth of the commissioning and field engineering practice.
What's so great about this job?
This is an excellent opportunity to perform innovative design on complex, challenging projects. This position offers career challenge and growth and provides access to a market-leading compensation and benefits package.
Why join Cosentini?
Cosentini Associates provides the following engineering services: HVAC, Electrical Power, Fire Protection, Plumbing, Energy Conservation and Sustainable Design, Code Consulting, Lighting Design, Commissioning, Information Technology, Security, Audiovisual, and Construction Administration Services. We have a reputation for innovative design in the global design and construction industry. As part of the Tetra Tech family, we are a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Cosentini/Tetra Tech, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
What kind of candidate are we looking for?
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated engineer with 2 to 5 years of experience in the design and commissioning of MEP-FP systems for commercial, institutional, laboratory, and healthcare facilities. B.S. in Engineering and FE/EIT is preferred. Passing the PE Exam when eligible is encouraged.
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
• Familiarity with Revit and/or BIM-360 preferred.
• Familiarity interacting with owners, architects, and contractors
• Proficient in surveying, due diligence, field observation reports, punch lists, commissioning of MEP/FP systems, and thorough understanding of MEP/FP systems.
• Excellent technical skills, strong communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
• Comprehensive knowledge and interpretation of code compliance requirements and industry standards
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and in a highly collaborative team environment
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.Additional Information
- Organization: 151 CAA
Apply on company website