Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech is seeking applications from qualified individuals for an Energy Markets Lead for the anticipated four-year, USAID/Europe & Eurasia (E&E) Connect for Growth (C4G) program. The position is contingent on award and will be based in Tetra Tech's Arlington, Virginia office. Remote working from other locations may be considered.
C4G is part of the U.S.-Europe Energy Bridge project, which strengthens E&E partner countries' energy security and resilience. This activity supports interventions that increase connectivity and cooperation in the energy sector between partner countries and the EU through market development and reforms, diversified and efficient resource utilization and planning, and resilient energy systems. The activity is designed to quickly and effectively respond to emerging issues and requests for assistance from partner countries impacting the regional energy sector and critical infrastructure. Assistance will be provided to partner institutions in Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Kosovo, Moldova, North Macedonia, Serbia, Ukraine, and other countries for which assistance will impact regional energy security.
The Energy Markets Lead will work under the direction of the COP and provide technical leadership for activities under Objective 1 to support market liberalization and transparency, fair and open procurement practices, cross-border trade, and consumer protection.
- Design and lead the implementation of technical tasks related to strengthening governance of domestic and integrated regional energy markets in E&E partner countries
- Manage a team of technical experts in collaboration with COP/Project Manager to achieve defined project results, produce deliverables on schedule
- Build strong working relationships with the regulators, utilities, policymakers and private sector and the donor community
- Provide technical assistance, analyses and capacity building to energy stakeholders to restructure markets, increase integration with the EU, develop energy policies and plans, adopt transparent and competitive procurement practices, and support transition to retail electricity markets.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Essential KSA's Required (experience, skills, education, certifications, etc.):
- A Master's degree or higher in an energy-related field, including engineering, policy, legal, finance, economics, or other related field.
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience supporting or leading energy sector projects with demonstrable experience in energy sector governance and markets in the EU.
- Knowledge of EU energy acquis for participation in a regional and pan-European energy market.
- Demonstrated experience working with government institutions, regulators, utilities, and the private sector.
- Familiarity with the political and economic dynamics of countries in Southeast Europe and Eurasia.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English (reading, writing and presentation skills) is required.
Valued but not required KSA's:
- Experience supporting USAID or other donor-funded energy projects
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agenciesAdditional Information
- Organization: 154 ESI
Apply on company website