Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We currently have an opening for an Engineering Technologist in Terrace, British Columbia. This position will be initially diversified and responsible for overseeing projects, completing geotechnical investigations, construction monitoring and completing field and laboratory testing of soils and construction materials. The position offers an interesting variety of tasks on a diversified range of civil/geotechnical related projects. Our reputation is built on our ability to find innovative solutions to complex quality-of-life issues around the globe. We pride ourselves on our forward-thinking, progressive-minded attitude. Our technical professionals strive for the highest level of excellence.
• Working on commercial and industrial projects in both a field and laboratory environment
• Construction supervision of civil, geotechnical and material engineering projects
• Performing field and laboratory testing of soil, aggregates, Portland cement, asphalt and concrete including sieve analysis, density testing using nuclear density gauges, preparation of Proctors and Marshall molds, asphalt cement content, sand equivalents, Atterberg limits and moisture content, including evaluation and reporting of properties and characteristics
• Assisting in providing inspection, and quality control and assurance on a variety of laboratory and field testing projects
• Assisting in preparation of field and testing reports
• Other duties required to conduct our business and build on the job knowledge
• The successful candidates will be trained and certified for as per CCIL requirements
• Graduated from a Civil Engineering Technology program
• 5 years of experience minimum
• Must possess a valid Class 5 Driver's License and must provide current drivers abstract when applying
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with clients is a mandatory requirement.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and listening skills
• Good time management skills, the ability to work with minimal supervision and the ability to contribute to the Practice by being a team player
• Must be willing to travel and work in a field setting away from headquarters
• Be physically capable of performing the manual labour duties required
A requirement of working for Tetra Tech is that you are at least 18 years of age and legally entitled to work in Canada. (A copy of a valid work permit may be required.)
To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions. Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing may be required.
All qualified candidates will be considered for the role and will be eligible for relocation allowance if selected (and are located outside of the province of British Columbia).
This is a permanent full-time, salaried position. We offer a great place to work, and an engaging culture that is based on innovation, collaboration and integrity. Our compensation plan includes a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package, and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, visible minorities, aboriginals and persons with disabilities.
No calls or agencies
- Organization: 704 EBA
Apply on company website