Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Tetra Tech Solid Waste West (SWW) is seeking an Environmental Construction Technician (ECT). ECT's receive hands on practical experience by performing various tasks involved with maintaining, repairing, and building Gas Collection & Control Systems (GCCS) infrastructure on our sites. Our project sites offer a unique working environment that allows our technicians to gain valuable experience in both the operational and construction aspects within the solid waste industry. The pay scale for this position is $22-$30 an hour based on qualifications and experience.
- Travel to the job site daily. Site location will vary dependent on need. Occasionally, travel out of state or long distances may be required.
- Assist in Routine and Non-Routine tasks involving the operation and maintenance of GCCS activities including the collection of data, repairs, maintenance, and construction activities.
- Perform various tasks such as well raisings, HDPE pipe repairs, and other items related to the continuous operation of the GCCS.
- Monitor and maintain the liquids conveyance & extraction systems within the GCCS. Perform maintenance on pneumatic pumps, airlines, and force mains.
- Troubleshoot GCCS infrastructure and liquids extraction issues.
- Assist with various types of monitoring on an as needed basis.
- Keep and maintain field logs both via phone app (provided) and other methods.
- Tetra Tech will provide all necessary tools and equipment to perform the work involved. It is the technician's job to take care of the tools & equipment they are issued and ensure they remain in good condition.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Passing drug screen.
- Minimum High School Diploma, and 1 year of general work experience.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, specifically Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Ability to keep and maintain field logs both via phone app (provided) and other methods.
- Mechanically inclined and able to learn new skills.
- Ability to take direction and work with minimal supervision.
- Follow all Health & Safety guidelines.
- HDPE fusing experience preferred.
- Construction equipment operation experience; Excavator, Articulating Dump Truck, Forklifts, etc. preferred.
- Overtime may be mandatory in certain cases.
- Ability to respond to GCCS call-out devices 24/7. Including Holidays & weekends.
- Walk long distances, up and down steeply sloped landfills and outdoor terrain.
- Work outside in the environment in all types of seasonal weather conditions safely. Including both hot and cold weather conditions.
- Lift a minimum of 50 pounds on a non-consistent basis.
- Pass a company paid, baseline health physical and drug screening, as required.
- Ability to obtain, and keep in good standing, a valid driver's license and ability to drive to job sites.
- Complete the USEPA HAZWOPR, 40-hour, environmental health and safety class, and annual 8-hour refresher classes.
- Ability to learn general gas, soil, and air sampling techniques including applicable environmental and health & safety regulations and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to be familiar with operation and maintenance techniques for landfill gas and landfill fluids collection systems.
This position comes with:
- Company vehicle (including gas card) & cellphone.
- Annual Safety footwear reimbursement program.
- Paid training time.
- Per Diem for eligible work.
- Paid Time Off & Holiday time.
- Medical – Dental – Vision Insurance.
- Disability & Life Insurance.
- 401(K) w/ Competitive Match.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Company will provide all necessary tools and equipment.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech's employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities as well as project requirements.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 470 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—22,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.Additional Information
- Organization: 197 SWW
Apply on company website