Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech ES, Inc., a subsidiary of Tetra Tech (Nasdaq: TTEK) is dedicated to improving the energy sector of developing economies. We are recruiting for an Environmental Sustainability Advisor to be based in Bangkok, Thailand or other South and Southeast Asia to support the implementation of the USAID-administered Water Energy for Food Asia Regional Innovation Hub (WE4F-Asia-RIH) from July 2020 to July 2024. See https://we4f.org.
The Environmental Sustainability Advisor must be local to S/SE Asia. The position is part-time, and hiring is contingent upon USAID approval. Tetra Tech values a diverse workplace and strives to achieve gender equality. Qualified women and men are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Lead implementation of the RIH's Environmental Sustainability Strategy, including support for the entire implementation team on integration of environmental sustainability, biodiversity, efficient natural resource use and climate resiliency into all RIH interventions in support of innovators and other activities
- Provide on-demand technical assistance to innovators in assessing benefits and impacts of nexus technologies on environment, biodiversity, natural resources and climate resiliency, complying with local environmental requirements and ensuring adherence to project-level environmental compliance requirements.
- Advise screening and selection of innovators as potential grantees based on considerations for environmental sustainability
- Review and support implementation of innovator acceleration work plans on topics related to environmental sustainability, biodiversity, efficient natural resource use and climate resiliency
- Engage and share learnings with relevant WE4F Founding Partner programs in S/SE Asia
- Share relevant resources and develop internal guidance for the implementing team on environmental sustainability-related issues on an ongoing basis
- Advise screening and selection of innovators as potential grantees based on considerations for environmental sustainability integrations
- Create and update knowledge management products on innovators' experiences with environmental sustainability topics
- Review and support implementation of innovator acceleration work plans, especially environmental sustainability topic-centric market segment research
- Coordinate environmental sustainability integration activities with the RIH Project Management, Technical Assistance, Brokering and Enabling Environment Units
- Provide guidance to the Country Coordinators on interacting with innovators on sustainability, climate resilience and biodiversity issues
- Support the procurement of grantees and local technical assistance vendors
- Support the development of knowledge products, collection of performance indicator data and preparation of communication pieces
- Support the development of contractual deliverables and any other reporting
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- A graduate degree in environmental science, natural resources, agriculture or related field
- 10+ years' experience in the S/S Asia leading environmental, biodiversity and performance risk and impact assessments, with a focus on nexus technologies
- Experience in working with USAID and other large international donors
- Strong oral and written communications skills and ability to motivate and collaborate with others to achieve team goals and communicate with WE4F awardees
- Fluency in English (reading, writing and presentation skills)
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
Valued but not required KSA's:
- Environmentally sustainable technology development or start-up experience directed at low-income or Base of the Pyramid customers
- Familiarity with the impact investing industry
- Understanding of enabling environment activities for a conducive private sector-driven ecosystem
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 154 ESI
Apply on company website