Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Grants Specialist candidates for the CCBO program.
Position Description/Summary: The CCBO activity is a five-year initiative of USAID which will serve as USAID's flagship program to target ocean plastics directly at their source in cities and towns. The project works to prevent ocean plastic pollution by building capacity and commitment for Reducing, Reusing, and Recycling (3Rs) and solid waste management (SWM) in urban and peri-urban settings, particularly in riverine and coastal areas. CCBO works with multiple USAID missions on country-specific implementation of national and local activities, and with USAID/Washington on global-level activities. CCBO will design and implement a $10M grant under contract (GUC) program in countries in Southeast Asia and Latin America.
The role of the Grants Specialist is to support the implementation of the project's Grants under Contract (GUC) activities in Sri Lanka/Maldives. Under the supervision of the Country Director with regular communication with the Grant Manager based in the United States, the Grant Specialist will work in collaboration with the country offices technical and administrative teams to manage the full lifecycle of grants in Sri Lanka/Maldives. The Grants Specialist is responsible for managing a portfolio of grants in accordance with USAID's and Tetra Tech's procedures and policies governing grants including the solicitation, selection, management, monitoring and closeout of grants. In coordination with the Grant Manager, the Grants Specialist will provide trainings and capacity building support to grant applicants and recipients to ensure overall success of grants under his/her portfolio.
* Bachelor's degree, Masters preferred, in relevant field such as international development or affairs, business administration, finance, etc.
* At least 4 years' experience managing grants, USAID experience preferred
* Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations
* Ability to travel within Sri Lanka and the Maldives up to 40% of the time.
* Fluency in Tamil and/or Sinhala language (both are preferred) and advanced proficiency in speaking and writing in English.
* Proven capacity building and training skills.
* Proven track record facilitating solutions to problems.
* Excellent project and information management skills.
* Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
* Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
* Budgeting, financial, and auditing experience desirable.
* Must be comfortable working in a fast paced and sometimes intense work environment.
* High level proficiency of MS-Office applications and databases.
*Please note: Only Sri Lankan citizens are eligible for these positions.
Apply on company website