Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees— 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits.
Tetra Tech is currently looking to hire an Intermediate Geotechnical Technician to join our Whitehorse, YT office. This is an opportunity to work with world-class engineers and scientists dedicated to working on civil and geotechnical engineering projects in arctic environments, from conceptual design to final construction. On occasion your expertise may be needed by our parent company on some of their challenging international projects.
Named the “Wilderness City”, Whitehorse is nestled on the banks of the famous Yukon River and is surrounded by mountains and pristine lakes. Whitehorse is the capital and the largest city in the Yukon but has maintained many characteristics of a small town with a population of 33,000. It is a destination spot for young families and workers who want to earn a good living and enjoy the adventure of our great outdoors at the same time.
- Working on commercial and industrial projects in both a field and laboratory environment
- Performing geotechnical field and laboratory testing of soil, aggregates, Portland cement, asphalt and concrete including sieve analysis, density testing using nuclear density gauges, preparation of Proctors and Marshall molds, asphalt cement content, sand equivalents, Atterberg limits and moisture content, including evaluation and reporting of properties and characteristics
- Assisting in providing quality control and quality assurance on a variety of laboratory and field-testing projects
- Assisting in preparation of field and testing reports
- Other duties required to conduct our business and build on the job knowledge
- The successful candidates will be trained and certified for concrete field testing as per CCIL requirements
- Minimum of a Diploma from a technical institute in Civil Engineering or Civil Technology
- 5 – 8 years of experience
- Some related industry experience in quality assurance / control for field and laboratory testing, preferably in the consulting sector would be considered an asset
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word and Outlook) is required
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong people skills and an ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Good time management skills, the ability to work with minimal supervision, and a team player attitude are essential
- Experience dealing with contractors and municipal design consultants would be beneficial
- Possession of a valid Class 5 Driver's License would be considered an asset
- Must be physically capable of performing the manual labour duties required including carrying and lifting heavy materials
A requirement of working for Tetra Tech is that you are at least 18 years of age and legally entitled to work in Canada. (A copy of a valid work permit may be required.)
To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions. Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing may be required.
All qualified candidates will be considered for the role and will be eligible for relocation allowance if selected.
This is a permanent full-time, salaried position. We offer a great place to work, and an engaging culture that is based on innovation, collaboration and integrity. Our compensation plan includes a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package, and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, visible minorities, indigenous and persons with disabilities.
No calls or agencies
- Organization: 704 EBA
Apply on company website