Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Tetra Tech is actively seeking a creative, Mechanical Engineer with 8 – 12 years of experience. The qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in mechanical design specific to design and construction documentation for mechanical systems in new and existing buildings. In addition, the successful candidate must possess the skills required to successfully handle multiple simultaneous complex tasks, execute project tasks, have a strong work ethic and drive to deliver for customers, and be a collaborative team player. This person will work closely with senior-level project managers and mechanical engineering staff and assist in the development of design documents including engineering reports, calculations and analysis, drawings, specifications, and engineer's opinion of probable construction costs. This person should be able to work independently as well as collaboratively with internal and external clients.
Typical projects include:
- Performing complex building mechanical design on a variety of projects at the direction of the Lead Mechanical Engineer.
- Municipal and Industrial Water and Wastewater treatment facilities including administrative, laboratory, treatment, and ancillary facilities.
- Commercial single and multi-story office buildings, laboratories, manufacturing, testing, and computing facilities.
- Military single and multi-story office buildings, residences, barracks, aircraft hangars, vehicle maintenance garages, and shops
We welcome experiences in building types outside of these categories as they bring new insight to our designs.
The following are typical skills the candidate should have:
- Perform HVAC load calculations, energy models, life cycle cost analysis, and ventilation calculations in conformance with applicable codes and energy efficiency standards.
- Familiarity with developing specifications using SpecsIntact and MasterSpec.
- Sizing equipment and developing layouts for airside and hydronic systems.
- Coordinating with other disciplines as well as other internal and external team members (e.g. vendors, clients, and contractors).
- Prepare construction documents including drafting utilizing REVIT.
- Strong knowledge of control systems, protocols, interfaces, and familiarity applying concepts to construction documents.
- Experience with RS Means, and general exposure to construction estimating.
- Performing construction assistance in the form of responding to contractor RFIs, reviewing shop drawings, and performing construction site field observations reports, and preparing punch lists during various stages of construction.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Hold a Professional Engineering License or ability to obtain within 12 months.
- Proficiency utilizing Trane Trace for load calculations but considerable experience in other platforms such as Carrier HAP, EnergyPlus, or EQuest is also acceptable.
- Knowledge of building mechanical equipment including fans, chillers, cooling towers, air handlers, chilled and hot water loops, boilers, motors, pumps, variable speed drives, heat exchangers, direct digital temperature controls and building automation systems.
- Familiarity with design of plumbing systems and/or performance-based fire protection systems desired but not required.
- Intermediate knowledge of ICC Codes, United Facilities Criteria (UFC's), ASHRAE handbooks / standards, SMACNA standards, and NFPA requirements.
- REVIT/BIM experience required.
- AutoCAD experience desired.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and computer skills required.
- Ability to travel as required for client development and project execution.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech's employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.Additional Information
- Organization: 200 IEW
Apply on company website