Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
PRO-telligent, A Tetra Tech Company is seeking a Network Specialist (Cisco / Radio) to provide IT technical support to the Department of State's (DoS) Radio Programs Branch (RPB). This position is located in Springfield, VA. The selected candidate will be a part of a network management team that is specifically responsible for remotely supporting Land Mobile Radio (LMR) and Wireless LAN (WLAN) equipment deployed at DOS's CONUS and OCONUS facilities. Also, will be responsible for reviewing WLAN surveys and actively maintains enterprise network monitoring tools and systems.
- Provide Tier 3 support to Overseas WLAN and LMR deployments
- Provide Tier 3 support to Overseas LAN/WAN networks supporting LMR and WLAN systems
- Review WLAN Surveys
- Preconfigure and test LMR and WLAN hardware prior to deployment
- Provides technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations
- Compiles records and reports concerning network operations and maintenance
- Troubleshoots network performance issues. Analyzes network traffic and provides capacity planning solutions.
- Participate in design reviews, program reviews and technical meetings
- Provides input to policy level discussions regarding standards and technical viability of intended systems requirements
- Must have a U.S. Secret Security Clearance or higher
- Possess minimum of a Bachelor's Degree.
- Knowledge of network engineering and security, LAN/WAN, routers, switches, VPN and RF technologies
- Must be able to work well in a team environment working with both contractor and Government personnel
- Working knowledge of IP subnetting, IP routing and troubleshooting IP-related issues
- Working knowledge of RF technologies
- Excellent communication skills and well versed in Microsoft Office software
- Able to work independent of supervision and self-motivation
- Experience with Cisco routing and switching products
- Experience with Cisco Meraki products
- Experience with VoIP troubleshooting
- Experience with Wireless LAN Surveys
- Knowledge of network security, infrastructure protection and support
- Experience with Motorola radio products such as Astro 25 Core conventional or trunked systems and IP dispatch consoles
- Experience with Kenwood radio product
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 174 PRT
Apply on company website