Tetra Tech's High-Performance Buildings Group brings together the expertise of talented engineers, commissioning agents, and energy analysts from around the world. We offer high-end, sustainable building consulting and MEP engineering services for blue-chip clients across every building sector. Our services include MEP design, Net Zero Energy, lighting design, commissioning, vertical transportation, low voltage, information technologies, security, fire engineering, sustainability consulting, and acoustics. We are Better Together—Powered by Innovation.
Glumac, A Tetra Tech Company, is a leader in Sustainable Design. Our mission is to engineer and commission “green buildings that work.”
The built environment is responsible for nearly 40% of annual global CO2 emissions. The task of delivering a sustainable future that is climate-resilient and socially equitable begins at the building scale. At Glumac, our fully integrated MEP, Energy Analysis, Sustainability, Commissioning, Technology, and Lighting teams are working together to meet that goal and deliver a sustainable future.
We look for people who want to join us in stepping boldly toward the challenge of reducing the carbon output of buildings through intelligent, data-driven building design. Our world-class design teams have delivered a growing portfolio of net-zero energy and net-zero water buildings across market sectors and are working to decarbonize the building stock of some of the largest companies and universities in the world. Glumac is a place where you can apply your passion and make a tangible impact on the communities we live in.
The challenge is steep, but the opportunities are endless. Join us!
Glumac is seeking a Process Engineer.
Glumac is seeking a Process Engineer for our Hillsboro Client Site.
This role will:
- Perform conceptual and detailed design for microelectronics industry.
- Design compressed air, vacuum systems, ultrapure/high purity water systems, bulk and specialty gas storage and distribution systems, solvent/acid/hazardous wastewater collection and treatment systems.
- Prepare cost estimates for process scope of design activities and tasks for construction packages.
- Participate in HAZOP hazard analysis.
- Be familiar with calculations and design requirements for process systems.
- Provide technical reviews and input to capital projects delivered by 3rd party engineering companies.
- Review vendor and contractor drawings and engineering work packages.
- Reviews and checks design models, drawings and design documents for code compliance, quality, accuracy, neatness, functionality, and satisfactory completion.
- Reviews project documents for conformity and quality assurance to client technical standards, global practices, and drafting standards.
- Ability to apply thorough knowledge of chemical design and engineering techniques independently.
- Posses broad knowledge of plant constructability as applied to construction methods and materials, and the economics involved.
- Assists others to collect or deliver design and engineering data at the job site or client office(s).
- Perform job walks to optimize design and constructability and to ensure installations are completed per IFC designs.
- Support commissioning activities.
- Troubleshoot operating control systems and instruments.
- Deliver rapid response to equipment problems, malfunctions, and failures in the operating plant.
- Demonstrates awareness and commitment to health, safety, and environmental issues. Addresses those issues as necessary to ensure zero harm to all employees, clients, and contractors.
- Consistently achieves goals, delivers quality and accurate work, and meets timelines.
- Effectively interacts with all levels of employees, clients, and vendors.
- Strong customer focus with commitment to building enduring relationships that yield customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Ability to deal with change and demonstrate flexibility as required.
- Adheres to required processes and embraces opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Specify critical components for design projects and is responsible for assuring designs meet all applicable codes and regulations
What You Bring – Qualifications
Impact, Innovation, and Inclusivity should be core values. The qualifications you bring include:
- Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering or related discipline,
- With a minimum of 2 years of design experience in process engineering for applicants, and
- A minimum of ten years of experience for Senior process engineering applicants
- Experience in working with multiple discipline projects in industrial applications.
- Demonstrated success with ability to plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate program of assigned engineering work and projects.
- Knowledgeable in industry safe work practices in the field.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Suite.
- Knowledge of a broad range of industry standards including NFPA, API, ASME and ISA standards.
- AutoCAD familiarity, Revit familiarity is a plus.
- Understands codes surrounding process systems and H2 through H5 environments.
- Must have been a leader in a project environment. Senior Engineers will be expected to lead a team of up to a 12 engineers and designers.
- Proficient with PipeFlo (Mech/Process) and Pipe Stress Analysis software.
- High purity piping standards and best practices.
- Full understanding of hydronics and pumping.
- Ability to pass background checks for badging and access to client sites.
- Must be able to participate in field job walks and site visits which may include climbing enclosed ladders and stairs and working on enclosed platforms.
- Personal experience in designing the following systems
- High purity water
- Waste systems
- Acid neutralization (waster treatment and scrubberd exhaust systems)
- Solvent abatement technologies
- Specialty gas systems
- Bulk gas systems
- Bulk chemical distribution systems
- Chemical Compatibility
- High purity piping standards and best practices
- Licensed PE in Oregon for senior engineering applicants or the ability to become licensed within 3-4 years for other applicants.
- Willingness to take on challenging and intersting engineering projects.
About Glumac, A Tetra Tech Company
Glumac is a globally recognized leader in sustainable building design. With more than 50 years of experience in Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Energy Analysis, Sustainability Consulting, and Building Commissioning, we operate at the forefront of sustainability in the built environment and are looking for people to join our ever-growing global team.
Working within the Tetra Tech family of companies provides Glumac access to knowledge, resources, and experience from a diverse group of engineering experts in a broad range of practices, allowing us to deliver best-in-class service and design to clients worldwide. The technical expertise, cutting-edge thought leadership, and a near-century of combined experience shared throughout Tetra Tech uniquely positions Glumac to meet any client need.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world and 21,000 employees. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
With Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.glumac.com, www.tetratech.com, and https://www.tetratech.com/en/markets/high-performance-buildings. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at https://www.glumac.com/careers/#open-positions or www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for your interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties, including but not limited to, women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized the equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor, and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies.Additional Information
- Organization: 150 GTT
Apply on company website