Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
What You'll Do:
We currently have an opening for a Senior CAD Manager to join our Infrastructure Design team located in Bellevue, WA. This role will be primarily responsible for leading the diversified CAD team and supporting local and remote projects, as well as producing CAD drawings for projects ranging in scope from structural, mechanical (heavy moveable structures), and electrical infrastructure for navigable water systems including locks, dams, guide walls, and bridge infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have over ten years of experience with drafting in Microstation as well as AutoCAD. Experience in InRoads, Civil 3D, Inventor and/or Revit preferred.
- Evaluate CAD workload; delegate work assignments to staff who have the appropriate level of skill, ability and capacity
- Ensure workload/assignments are distributed evenly within the team; balance load work assignments as needed to manage overtime
- Proactively engage with project managers and design engineers to ensure timely project completion within allocated budgets, which may include occasional overtime work
- Setup MicroStation drawings to conform to various client standards (ability to do this in AutoCAD would be a plus)
- Troubleshoot MicroStation issues to keep CAD personnel productive (AutoCAD a plus)
- Convert drawings into different drawing formats, package drawings for deliverables, and archive drawings before beginning work on next phase of projects
- Effectively prepare CAD drawings using MicroStation and AutoCAD
- Analyse complex sketches, notes and other input to determine and plan the best approach to develop and complete drawings with minimal supervision
- Write or modify scripts in MicroStation
- Maintain accuracy, quality, completeness, and schedule for CAD department
- Effectively establish and maintain positive relationships with CAD staff, project managers, and other clients (internal or external).
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Associates Degree in Drafting/Design preferred
- Over 10 years' relevant experience and working knowledge of structural/ electrical/ mechanical engineering principles, practices, methods including:
- 5-8 years of strong design experience and competence in MicroStation and AutoCAD is required. MicroStation support is the primary need.
- 2-5 years of experience supervising CAD staff
- MicroStation/ AutoCAD setup and configuration is required
- Familiarity with OpenRoads, Connect, InRoads, Inventor, Civil3D, Revit or other CAD software platforms is preferred
- Proven knowledge of plan set development and ability to conform to various jurisdictional standards is required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, committed to project schedules and deadlines, able to work within a team environment and independently, and self-motivated
- Organization: 100 DIV
Apply on company website