Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 20,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
We are currently seeking a Senior Hydrotechnical Engineer to join our exciting renewable energy team in Calgary, AB. The successful candidate will be required to provide hydrotechnical leadership and experience on small ($10M) to large ($400M) hydropower design projects. The individual will develop analysis plans and will contribute to design activities to ensure project goals are met. In addition, the individual will provide hydrotechnical leadership to a variety of consulting assignments ensuring value to our clients is maintained. To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Responsibilities: Hydrological Analysis
- Hydrology primarily in mountainous regions
- Determination of the low flow regime
- Statistical analysis of the flood flows
- Understanding sediment transport fundamentals
- Uses various software tools for analysis
- Develops modeling approaches
- Preparation of effective summaries
- River engineering hydraulic analysis
- Hydraulic structures design of weirs, intakes and dams
- System hydraulic analysis
- Project definition documents
- Variety of hydrotechnical reports
- Technical permitting documents
- Hydro plant energy analysis
- Economic analysis
- Understanding of capital costing
- Stays abreast of new approaches
- Continually improves company tools and techniques
- Provides training and mentorship to junior staff in hydrotechnical elements
- Civil Engineer with a strong hydrotechnical background
- Professional registration in Alberta and/or British Columbia. Registration in Ontario, Saskatchewan, Yukon or the Northwest Territories is an asset.
- Consulting Engineering experience of at least 15 years, working in a multidiscipline environment and capable of working on several major projects simultaneously.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please contact local HR regarding any accommodation requirements to make the recruitment process accessible to all interested parties. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 705 PWR
Apply on company website