Are you ready to take next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy and international development.
Working within the major highways team on larger highways and infrastructure projects, we require experienced highways design staff to join our growing team. Focus will be on the delivery of large highway and infrastructure design projects that we have already won, alongside a strong diverse forward workload including Highways England and Homes England framework projects.
You will work independently and proactively on projects, making sure that work is delivered to the relevant standards, the required quality, on time and in budget. Leading small design teams and performing project and design management duties that align within our quality assurance and internal project management protocols and governance. These duties may include project reporting on progress, risk and project finance.
You will take individual responsibility and managing production of design deliverables for projects, input and reporting in client and internal meetings. Instructing, supervising and checking design input from junior staff as well as mentoring and supporting their professional development and training specifically in aspects of highways design and Civils 3D.
- You should be a qualified professional with HNC/degree in Civil Engineering or similar related construction qualification, with incorporated Engineer or Chartered Engineer (or near) status from ICE or CIHT preferred for the Principal Role
- Experience gained in a highway design related field, preferably with experience of working on the design of large Highways England / County Council led projects.
- You should have a broad highways design background with all round knowledge and experience of the design of highways projects to the DMRB. High level of demonstrable proficiency in Autodesk Civil 3D, AutoCAD and working within a BIM environment for project delivery/ ideally with Highways.
- England project experience and experience of working within a collaborative design environment. On larger projects experience of using design protocols and common data environments and project extranets. Providing a point of call to assist in the instruction, supervision and mentoring of other team members on Highways Design / Civils 3D.
- You are an enthusiastic and diligent individual who likes a challenge and is willing to learn. You have good communication skills, a collaborative approach and a proven ability to deliver work on time. You should be able to apply your experience and skills to produce design and engineering solutions whilst being flexible to adapt to and manage challenging and changing priorities.
- In return, we will give you all the opportunities and support you need to turn your determination into obtaining new design skills, rewarding achievements, recognised technical qualifications and, of course, a thrilling career.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting www.tetratecheurope.com/careers
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratecheurope.com. To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter on the Careers section of our website.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Tetra Tech is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity / shared parental leave.
We are very happy to discuss flexible working for this role, including the possibility of reduced hours, flexible start and finish times, or compressed hours. We can offer a range of solutions to help you to get the most out of your work / life balance.Additional Information
- Organization: 784 WYG
Apply on company website