Tetra Tech AMT is looking for a Senior Software Engineer
Primary job duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with systems leveraging Apache Hadoop to process large data sets across clusters of computers/servers.
- Work with D3 Libraries to produce data visualization capabilities.
- Work with SQL, bug fixing, deployments and all phases of the software development lifecycle required.
- Support requirements gathering and develop requirements documents (e.g. business, functional, technical) and Requirements Traceability Matrices (RTM) as necessary
- Propose architecture and solutions for tools in planning stages based on customer requirements and needs.
- Conduct technology assessments and provide recommendations based on cost, preferred technology, existing infrastructures when applicable and end product needs.
- Design user interface and systems architecture for complex application development projects as well as analyzing, mapping and reengineering complex business processes.
- Work with waterfall and agile methodologies preferred.
- Provides guidance to others and leads project teams.
- Potentially work with other FAA government stakeholders and development teams at other vendors/firms collectively to architect, build, and maintain a system.
- Resolves highly complex issues, conducts advanced research, and recommends innovations.
- Uses structured methodologies throughout design, development, test and reengineering processes.
- Develops test scenarios and scripts as an integral component of the software quality assurance process.
- Works with customers and users to evaluate, estimate and perform application development and/or business process change requests under the direction of the appropriate Technical Lead.
- Prepare various status reports on a consistent basis for internal and external stakeholders.
- Support System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process through data validation efforts, problem report review activities, test plan activities, and participating in configuration control boards (CCB).
- Develop training documents/user guides, and conduct end user training.
- Coordinate, schedule, and arrange meetings.
- Create business process/data flow diagrams.
- Maintain internal client SharePoint and/or JIRA project site.
- Prepare materials for program briefings and presentations as necessary.
- Ensures completion of all development projects and deliverables.
- Must be able to accomplish most tasks independently, with general supervision.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of a Master's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline.
- Must have 10 years' experience in software requirements, development (design, code, and unit test) analysis, and operational testing for highly complex, real-time, safety critical software systems for aviation and navigation systems. Expertise in developing and using models and simulations to verify and validate developed software is essential.
- Experience working with D3 Libraries visualization packages.
- Experience working with Apache Hadoop, Apache HBase, and Apache Tomcat.
- Experience and skilled at creating (including advanced workflows), managing, tracking issues/bugs/improvements, and generating reports in Jira.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of industry standard office software and applications (MS Office, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, Adobe Acrobat, etc.).
- Active Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred.
- Active Agile Certification preferred (e.g. CSM, ACP, ASM, PSM, etc.)
Tetra Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual preference, personal appearance, family responsibility, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or physical disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
- Organization: 161 AMT
Apply on company website