Tetra Tech AMT is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to provide support for Positioning Signal Integrity and Continuity Assurance (PSICA) activities related to use of GPS for civil aviation applications.
Primary job duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- The candidate will conduct studies and analysis to determine achieved integrity and continuity and develop plans to improve integrity and continuity.
- The candidate's work will include the generation of technical reports, strategy documents, white papers, presentations and other documents.
- The candidate may develop Plans of Action and Milestones.
- The candidate may leverage experience with failure review to develop or assess corrective actions or preventative actions.
- The candidate should have an understanding of project management. The candidate may plan, schedule, conduct or coordinate detailed phases of the systems engineering processes or scientific work in a project and performs work that involves conventional engineering or scientific practice.
- The candidate should be able to apply software, hardware, and standards (domestic and international) knowledge in the analysis, specification, development, integration, and acquisition of systems for navigation services.
- The candidate should have knowledge of FAA standards applicable to navigation equipment.
- The candidate will work with customers on upcoming and evolving technologies on navigation systems and will collaborate with reputed universities and other research institutions.
- The candidate's work may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements and difficult coordination requirements.
- The candidate must be comfortable communicating directly with the customer.
- The candidate must work well within a team environment and have excellent collaborative skills.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Physics or related discipline. Master's degree in a principle or related discipline may substitute for 2 years of relevant experience.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in system engineering, in particular in requirements development, baseline management, and change control.
- Experience with GPS navigation systems.
- Experience with aviation safety or avionics certification practices.
- Experience with statistical analyses.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Master's degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Physics or related discipline.
- Experience with defense acquisition milestones and change review processes.
- Familiarity with project management.
Tetra Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual preference, personal appearance, family responsibility, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or physical disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.Additional Information
- Organization: 161 AMT
Apply on company website