Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are currently seeking a Senior Transmission Line Engineer for our Mississauga office. A senior Transmission Line Engineer performs various engineering assignments which requires a general familiarity with a broad field of engineering. Must be able to solve problems by use of combinations of industry standards and modified industry standard procedures, or methods developed in previous assignments. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervising groups of professionals and non-professionals or small groups of specialized engineers in the Power sector to execute both large and small projects
- Mentor and provide technical support to team members
- Liaise with other discipline leads, project managers, vendors, contractors and clients to facilitate smooth flow of information for use in preparing preliminary and detailed design and provide design clarifications and solutions during construction.
- The ability to document and track project tasks and related design documents is required (strong organizational skills)
- Preparation and/or verification of procurement activities and deliverables
- Prepare purchase requisition, review technical content of supplier bids and technical submissions
- Complete constructability review of design packages
- Perform any required inspections as necessary for procurement of material.
- Monitor and maintain the project schedule and budgets within your area of responsibility and report status on a regular basis
- University Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- 10+ years of related engineering experience
- Experience with transmission stations structures and overhead transmission lines with operating voltages not less than 115 kV. Design experience with direct embedded poles, pole/tower foundations, and guy anchors
- Previous experience in the design of transmission lines is mandatory
- Consulting engineering experience is an asset
- Must have strong computer skills (familiarity with AutoCAD, MS Office, MathCAD, and transmission line design software PLS-CADD, PLS-Pole & Tower, SAGSEC and CAISSON etc...)
- Familiarity with structural analysis software such as STAAD.Pro, SFrame, RISA, etc. is an asset
- Strong leadership and communication skills are required. Candidate must effectively work as part of the multidiscipline design team and provide leadership and guidance to the team.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in a Canadian province is mandatory
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the United States is an asset
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please contact local HR regarding any accommodation requirements to make the recruitment process accessible to all interested parties. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 705 PWR
Apply on company website