Tetra Tech's High Performance Buildings Group brings together the expertise of talented engineers, commissioning agents, and energy analysts from around the world. We offer high-end, sustainable building consulting and MEP engineering services for blue-chip clients across every building sector. Our services include MEP design, Net Zero Energy, lighting design, commissioning, vertical transportation, low voltage, information technologies, security, fire engineering, sustainability consulting, and acoustics. We are Better Together—Powered by Innovation.
Glumac, A Tetra Tech Company, is a leader in Sustainable Design. Our mission is to engineer and commission “green buildings that work.”
We search for genuinely passionate people who thrive in collaborative environments, care deeply about sustainability and want to bring new engineering innovations to building projects. If you also embrace accomplishing this with a diverse team of passionate people, we encourage you to apply.
We are engineers for a sustainable future!
We are currently seeking a Staff Accountant for our Irvine, CA office. Other Glumac locations will also be considered for the right candidate who can meet the requirements of the role. The purpose of the Staff Accountant is to support the Accounting function with various accounting duties as assigned. This will include preparing financial reports, financial statement analysis, month-end and year-end closings, accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger entries, forecasting, audit compliance, and other financial procedures.
- The Staff Accountant provides direct support to the Assistant Controller and Operating Unit Controller.
- This position requires the ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- The nature of the work performed will often have “last minute” requirements.
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize commitments, and manage time effectively.
- Will sometimes be expected to work extended hours.
- Support Asst. Controller/OU Controller in all functional areas of the department in accordance with the company's established accounting processes.
- Assists in the month-end close process by preparing journal entries, analyzing and interpreting variances, and preparing various financial reports.
- Partner with finance leadership in implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
- Leads company AR collection efforts; including reviewing aged items and working with Sales Department and Customers to resolved outstanding invoices
- Prepares timely sales tax filings, informational returns, and other external reporting requirements to ensure regulatory compliance
- Assists with information requests from external auditors and tax accountants
- Prepares monthly balance sheet reconciliations and analytics over significant transactions and variances.
- Maintains the company's fixed asset databases for internal and tax books
- Prepares various periodic financial analyses and reports for management
- Assists with the optimization of accounting processes and procedures and assist with special projects, as required
- Performs government accounting duties such as auditing costs for compliance with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
Job Qualifications and Requirements
- The ideal candidate will have exceptional organizational skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced, dynamic, team-oriented environment.
- Will be able to prioritize work and be a self-starter.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field required; however, a combination of education and relevant experience wherein the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the position's duties and responsibilities have been adequately demonstrated is acceptable.
- 3-5+ years' experience in accounting or related field.
- Oracle ERP experience preferred.
- Previous Deltek Vision experience a plus.
- Intermediate Excel level, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Extraordinary attention to detail.
- Ability to work closely with others to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
About Tetra Tech
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.glumac.com or www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at https://www.glumac.com/careers/#open-positions or www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties, including but not limited to, women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 150 GTT
Apply on company website