Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
We are currently seeking a Visual Resource Assessment Specialist to support a variety of projects in a dynamic environmental consulting environment in our experienced energy practice. This practice includes routing, siting, analysis, and permitting of fossil fuel, wind, and solar electric power generation, electric transmission lines and substations, natural gas pipelines, compressor stations, and other related facilities.
The role will support the development of proposals, cost estimates, the completion of projects within specified dates, and establishing and maintaining a professional and satisfactory relationship with clients, subcontractors, regulatory agencies, and project stakeholders.
- Develop and implement approaches for visual resource impact assessment for energy projects across the United States
- Travel to project locations and complete visual resource inventories
- Work with on staff GIS staff and Visualization Specialists to develop photographic simulations, line of sight graphics, and infographics to support visual resource assessment for permitting documents as well as public outreach efforts
- Develop mitigation strategies such as screening plans
- Support energy facility siting, permitting, task coordination, public outreach, as well as budget and project tracking for general environmental planning and visual resource management tasks
- Assist with preparing and producing permit documents and permit applications for federal, state, local agencies and jurisdictions
- Support the development of environmental studies and resource analysis
- Explain complex technical concepts in simple terms for several audiences
Candidate will support the development including, but not limited, to the following:
- Visual resource impact assessments & visual resource inventories
- Land use permit applications
- Critical Issues Analysis reports
- Environmental analysis documentation
- Siting & routing studies
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field such as planning, environmental studies, landscape architecture
- 3-5 years of demonstrated work experience visual resource assessments
- Training and experience applying Bureau of Land Management Visual Resource Management techniques to projects on federal and private lands
- Competency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud desired
- Demonstrated writing abilities, organizational skills, competency with basic business computer applications (i.e., Microsoft Office)
- Possess the ability to act independently with task management roles, have a strong attention to detail, and a proven commitment to quality management, continuous improvement and client satisfaction
- The ability to handle multiple tasks, coordinate effectively with others, and work independently within a team are important characteristics for this position
- Ability and interest in working as part of a team in a fast-paced consulting environment with the capability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Willingness and ability to travel
Salary commensurate with experience
Salary Range: $45,000- $85,000 a year
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees— 20,000 associates working together to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/en/careers. LinkedIn: @TetraTechCareers Twitter: @TetraTechJobs Facebook: @TetraTechCareers
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity and inclusion are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, abilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
No calls or agencies
- Organization: 194 CES
Apply on company website