The Mental Health Clinician shows dedication and willingness to work alongside the Integrated Treatment Model (ITM), supporting and carrying out the functions of the model to best serve the population. The Mental Health Clinician is expected to have a nonjudgmental approach that focuses on skill building and basic principles of behavior (reinforcement, extinction, blocking and shaping). The Mental Health Clinician is required to function as part of a team, committing to modeling pro social behavior and building positive relationships with all residents.
Position Specific Duties/Responsibilities:
- Adheres to all Agency and departmental Safety Procedures including reporting any unsafe practices, equipment and environment, and takes an active role in correcting the unsafe practice, equipment or environment through proper notification.
- Provides clinical intake assessments and provide consultation services.
- Provides mental health screenings to all youth and determines recommendations for follow up assessments and clinical services.
- Provides DBT treatment for individuals, family members and groups to assist them in achieving success in daily functioning and to work through treatment targets that brought youth into placement.
- Documents clinical activity presenting diagnostic and interview findings, clinical evaluations, and recommendations.
- As a member of an interdisciplinary team, reviews treatment plans with other staff;
- Provides crisis counseling in the field and in the office for individuals experiencing acute episodes, evaluates patients and arranges for voluntary or involuntary admission to specialized mental health facilities for observation and treatment.
- Confers with and advises clients' relatives to secure their understanding of and cooperation in treatment and rehabilitation programs.
- Educates clients and their families regarding their diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, and rehabilitation process.
- Develops and presents training programs for departmental staff.
- Develops, conducts, and/or participates in quality assurance and program evaluation studies.
- Participates in quarterly quality case reviews of client files
- Participates in regular clinical supervision with the Social Work Supervisor.
- Analyzes situations and takes necessary actions to provide crisis intervention.
- Ensure completion of all weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly reports as required.
- Assists and makes recommendations to Director regarding program design, development, and implementation of treatment and transitional programs
- Performs chart audits and file reviews on a monthly basis, initiating corrective action as needed.
- Reports any unusual incidents or behaviors to Director that could indicate other problems.
- Maintains the highest ethical and professional standard as to clients and employees
- Meets all state and federal laws, regulations, and guidelines in provision of client services
- Assist Director in program and policy development
- Embrace and embody the mission, vision, guiding principles, clinical vision and goals of The Children's Village.
- Works flexible hours to ensure mental health coverage during youth's waking hours.
- Performs other duties as assigned
LMSW/licensed mental health professional with some relevant experience in working with vulnerable youth.
Apply on company website