Do you currently have an opportunity to make a real impact with your work? With over 2,000 sites of care and serving over 31.2 million patient interactions every year, nurses at The Woman's Hospital of Texas have the opportunity to make a real impact. As a(an) Registered Nurse - PICU you can be a part of change.Benefits
The Woman's Hospital of Texas, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
It is an exciting time to be a nurse at HCA Healthcare! Come unlock your career potential and see how rewarding it can be to reach your personal and professional goals. Help to advance the practice of nursing and improve positive outcomes for your patients as a (an) Registered Nurse - PICU. We want your knowledge and expertise!
What You will Do In Your Role:
You will consistently apply the nursing process, critical thinking skills, scientific judgment, technical skills and leadership to independently deliver safe nursing care to patients.
You will collaborate with the patient care team to achieve quality patient outcomes
- You will provide communication, confidence, and professionalism as evidenced by active engagement in unit and organizational activities
- You will demonstrate team work, adaptability, and serving as a resource to the patient care team
- You will have accountability for delivering quality nursing care services and for promoting a positive image of nursing
What qualifications you will need:
Graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate degree registered nursing program.
Minimum of six (6) months of clinical experience as a licensed Registered Nurse
Current Registered Nurse License in the State of Texas or Multi-State Compact License (Employees with RN Compact License are required to obtain Texas RN License within 90 days of hire date)
Current American Heart Association BLS Certification
PALS within 12 month of hire
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
At The Woman's Hospital of Texas, our care philosophy is Woman First. It's in our name, and it's in our founding mission. Our 420+ bed hospital was founded in 1976 by 29 physicians who recognized a need in Houston for a facility focused solely on women in all stages of life. We were the first women's hospital in Houston and first facility in Texas dedicated to the health of women and newborns. Today, we are the state's premier facility dedicated to the health of women and children offering expertise and an outstanding level of care in breast health, imaging, gynecology, minimally invasive surgery, infertility, obstetrics, high-risk pregnancy, and pediatrics. We deliver 800+ babies a month, more than any other hospital in Texas, and care for more multiple births than any other hospital in the region. Our Level IV NICU provides the highest level of care for premature babies and we have the area's only March of Dimes NICU Family Support program. As a member of HCA Houston Healthcare, the most comprehensive healthcare provider in the region, we are a part of a network that delivers stronger, smarter and more accessible care to women than any other medical system across the Houston area.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that leverages our size to make a real impact in our industry! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Registered Nurse - PICU opening. Submit your application today and help advance the practice of nursing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website