Tourists come from around the world to see the Finger Lakes region of upstate New York. As part of Thompson Health, a thriving, high-quality healthcare organization, you can experience:
•The region's natural beauty and rich history •Year-round recreational opportunities
•Cultural attractions in nearby Rochester, Syracuse, Buffalo & Niagara Falls
You would be an associate of F.F. Thompson Hospital, one of the region's premier healthcare providers, and enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits. Thompson is affiliated with the University of Rochester Medical Center. Bright, dynamic team players who are board certified/board eligible are encouraged to apply. Founded in 1904, UR Medicine's
Thompson Health is the parent corporation overseeing the operation of five affiliate healthcare organizations on a variety of campuses in Ontario, Monroe, Wayne and Livingston counties. With a respected medical staff of more than 400 and approximately 1,700 Associates,
Thompson is one of the largest employers in our area, providing quality health care to over 165,000 residents of the greater Finger Lakes region. F.F. Thompson Hospital is a modern, progressive and highly respected 113-bed community hospital with some of the finest technology and staff in all of upstate New York.
Affiliation with the University of Rochester Medical Center In June of 2012, Thompson Health affiliated with UR Medicine in a partnership designed to strike a balance between local autonomy and a strategically coordinated approach in this highly competitive era of healthcare reform. The parent corporation of Thompson Health continues to operate under the guidance and leadership of its Board of Directors, retaining its own local president and CEO.
- Provides medical care on a continuous basis for non-assigned patients admitted to the hospitalist service and provides medical consultations on inpatients at the request of other specialties.
- Establishes and maintains good communication and working relationships with members of the hospitalist staff, nursing staff, case management and other hospital departments.
- Collaborates with referring primary care physicians. Accepts and manages patients in the Intensive Care Unit on the hospitalist service or on consultation with Intensivist support.
- On-site coverage hours include 24/7 with shifts ranging between 8 hours to 12 hours. Works to promote the utilization of all Thompson Health services.
- Board Certified / Board Eligible in Internal Medicine.
- Will consider candidates BC/BE Family Practice. •NYS Licensure and current Registration Required
- DEA Licensure Required Demonstrated ability to manage patients in the ICU with support provided by Intensivists.
- Graduation from an accredited Medical School Required (M.D. or D.O.)
- Completion of Internship and Residency in Internal Medicine (or Family Practice) Required
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 Coding Preferred
- Maintains CME per requirements for Board Certification
- Current ACLS certification
- 1-3 years in Hospitalist Medicine preferred •Experience with process management and outcome measures preferred. Experience working in a complex team-focused environment preferred.
Thompson Health is an EOE encouraging women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply
Apply on company website