About the Role
We are looking for a Paralegal to join our Legal Department (which also includes a governmental affairs and community relations function) and work at our corporate office in Bethesda, MD. You will assist the attorneys in handling the company's legal issues. You will perform both paralegal and executive administrative support in areas of general legal department support, regulatory compliance, legal research, litigation, contracts and other legal responsibilities. You will be a point of contact for communicating within the company, as well as outside businesses, lawyers and government agencies. You will report to the General Counsel.
- Provide key support for the Legal Department.
- Develop and prioritize tasks to ensure their logical and efficient completion.
- Handle highly confidential information regarding the legal and internal operation of the company.
- Perform Legal research.
- Support in various legal matters including compliance, contracts and litigation.
- Assist with administrative duties as assigned including file organization, managing correspondence, preparation of expense reports, meeting coordination.
You will come with
- Bachelor's degree or Paralegal certificate
- 5+ years prior experience as a paralegal (working in a corporate or in-house legal department preferred)
- Excellent writing skills and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing work environment.
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of management and external parties.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision/guidance.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Generous store discounts
- Health care plans (medical, prescription, dental, vision)
- 401(k), HSA, FSA, Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Disability & life insurance coverage
- Paid parental leave
- College tuition assistance
- Career development & product training
- Consumer classes
- & More!
Grow with us
Total Wine & More is the country's largest independent retailer of fine wine, beer and spirits, and we continue to grow our footprint year over year. Total Wine offers exciting and unique career opportunities across the country and in our corporate office. Our strength is our people. We have a commitment to training and career growth, all in an environment that values new ideas and teamwork. If you share our entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for providing best-in-class customer experience, take a moment to apply or learn more at www.TotalWine.com/Careers!
Total Wine & More is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Total Wine & More makes reasonable accommodations during all aspects of the employment process, including during the interview process. Total Wine & More is a Drug Free Workplace.
The information provided above indicates the general nature and level of work required of the position and is not a comprehensive list of all responsibilities or qualifications. Benefits list is only a highlight of some of the benefits offered to team members; eligibility for certain benefits apply.
Apply on company website