Job DescriptionThe Transwestern companies together comprise a privately held, diversified real estate services, investment management and development organization.
A unique approach underlies our success. We do business differently by empowering our team members with the resources and independence to deliver extraordinary results to our clients. It's simple. We start with hiring hard-working, smart, genuinely good people, and organize them in collaborative cross-functional teams. We give them the support to outperform and the freedom to take ownership as they work to exceed our clients' expectations. We do business differently, and that makes us Transwestern.
The Assistant Chief Engineer is responsible for performing complex preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems, equipment and grounds. Working under limited supervision, this position will monitor building system operations and performance. The Assistant Chief Engineer will utilize several trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating and cooling.
- Review the daily work order and assigns tasks as necessary. Monitor repeat problems and make suggestions on how to correct,
- Oversee and inspect the work performed by engineering staff. Determine that work is complete, equipment is fully functional and client space is in prime working condition.
- Formulate and implement a preventive maintenance program to ensure that building machinery and systems meet or exceed their rated life.
- Inspect building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, and plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities and achieves environmental conditions prescribed by client.
- Review assigned work orders. Estimate time and materials needed to complete repair. Maintain inventory of adequate supplies and tools and order necessary materials to complete all tasks.
- Consult with the Chief Engineer or Property Manager and clients to schedule preventive maintenance and other downtime to minimize business interruption and inconvenience.
- Perform assigned repairs, emergency and preventive maintenance. Complete maintenance and repair records as required.
- Respond quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
- Maintain an energy management program to ensure measures are taken to operate all systems in the most efficient manner to keep operating costs at a minimum.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Trade school trained and a minimum of 5 years of experience in building operations experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 7 years building maintenance experience.
- Appropriate license/permit for trade as may be required, i.e. Journeyman or Master Electrician License or City Licenses, such as Refrigeration Certificate of Fitness, High Pressure Boiler License, High Pressure Steam Operator, etc.)
- Experience in operation, maintenance and basic repair of HVAC, boilers, heaters, pumps, refrigerant systems, compressors, water systems, etc.
- Knowledgeable in energy management systems, techniques and operations.
- Thorough knowledge in all building systems operations, maintenance and repair.
- Basic skills with Microsoft Office Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Must have a thorough understanding of HVAC, electrical and building automation systems.
- Ability to understand and give general instructions in standard situations.
- Must effectively present information.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- May require shift work and/or on call duties.
- Stooping, standing, climbing and frequent lifting of a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pump, tools, ladders) and ability to safely install rigging/lifting device.
- Lift and carry objects of up to 50 pounds for distances of up to 30 feet.
- Maybe required to work extended periods of time without relief when responding to priority/emergency situations (including overtime type assignments).
- Climb ladders and stairs.
WORK SHIFTFirst Shift (United States of America)
APPLY TODAY to be a part of an energetic and motivated team of professionals!
Transwestern offers an exciting work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits, which include medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as a 401(K) plan. Transwestern is an equal opportunity employer. No agencies or phone calls please.
Apply on company website