Job DescriptionThe Transwestern companies together comprise a privately held, diversified real estate services, investment management and development organization.
A unique approach underlies our success. We do business differently by empowering our team members with the resources and independence to deliver extraordinary results to our clients. It's simple. We start with hiring hard-working, smart, genuinely good people, and organize them in collaborative cross-functional teams. We give them the support to outperform and the freedom to take ownership as they work to exceed our clients' expectations. We do business differently, and that makes us Transwestern.
The Building Engineer is responsible for working directly with the property and engineering management in implementing and maintaining the energy management, preventive maintenance, quality standards, operating objectives, and goals of the owner and Transwestern (TW). This must be done in a manner that not only protects, but also maximizes the value of the property.
The Building Engineer's contact with tenants, prospective tenants, owners, and vendors is to be guided by the highest professional standards including positive, supportive, friendly behavior and legendary service.
- Assist with troubleshooting and repairs of building and installing systems to include: packaging and handling machinery, plumbing systems, kitchen equipment, roofs, drains, shop, grounds equipment and HVAC.
- Clean, lubricate and service a wide variety of pumps, valves, pneumatic controls, electrical, mechanical and hydraulic devices.
- Assist with installation and modification of building equipment systems.
- Troubleshoot, evaluate and make recommendations to upgrade maintenance operations and/or implement savings opportunities.
- Possess competent knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment used in facility and ground maintenance.
- Respond immediately to emergency situations and customer concerns.
- Inspect buildings, ground and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions.
- Inspect new installation for compliance with building codes and safety regulations.
- Maintain and operate life safety/fire systems.
- Perform welding, carpentry and snow removal when necessary.
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives as related to building operations and practice safe work habits.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years building maintenance experience.
- Must possess basic computer skills, ability to operate Windows based software.
- May require shift work and/or on call duties.
- Must have a thorough understanding of HVAC, electrical and building automation systems.
- Operate and use necessary manual and power-driven tools.
- Ability to interpret mechanical, electrical blueprints and schematics.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Strong desire to succeed in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% or more of the time/constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery or, by request, be provided reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Stooping, standing, climbing and frequent lifting of a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pump, tools, ladders) and ability to safely install rigging/lifting device.
- Lift and carry objects of up to 50 pounds for distances of up to 30 feet.
- Maybe required to work extended periods of time without relief when responding to priority/emergency situations (including overtime type assignments.)
- Climb ladders and stairs.
- Overtime and on-call duty may be required.
WORK SHIFTFirst Shift (United States of America)
APPLY TODAY to be a part of an energetic and motivated team of professionals!
Transwestern offers an exciting work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits, which include medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as a 401(K) plan. Transwestern is an equal opportunity employer. No agencies or phone calls please.
Apply on company website