Job DescriptionThe Transwestern companies together comprise a privately held, diversified real estate services, investment management and development organization.
A unique approach underlies our success. We do business differently by empowering our team members with the resources and independence to deliver extraordinary results to our clients. It's simple. We start with hiring hard-working, smart, genuinely good people, and organize them in collaborative cross-functional teams. We give them the support to outperform and the freedom to take ownership as they work to exceed our clients' expectations. We do business differently, and that makes us Transwestern.
The Building Engineer is responsible for completing work orders, grounds maintenance, painting, caulking, HVAC, plumbing, drywall, electrical and completing maintenance on buildings as needed. The Building Engineer will perform general preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems, equipment and grounds. The Building Engineer will also monitor the building operations and performance.
- Perform preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems, equipment, and grounds.
- Inspect building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, and plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities and achieves environmental conditions prescribed by client.
- Perform assigned repairs, emergency, and preventive maintenance. Complete maintenance and repair records as required.
- Take the lead to troubleshoot and repair of buildings and installed systems to include, but not limited to: plumbing systems, kitchen equipment, roofs, drains, and HVAC.
- May be required to direct mechanics, technicians, and outside contractors on assigned projects.
- Respond quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
- Maintain an energy management program to ensure measures are taken to operate all systems in the most efficient manner to keep operating costs at a minimum.
- Maintain the building lighting system, including element and ballast repairs or replacements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of two years of related experience and/or trade school training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 3 years building maintenance experience.
- Thorough knowledge in all building systems operations, maintenance and repair.
- Appropriate license/permit for trade as may be required, i.e. Journeyman or Master Electrician License or City Licenses, such as Refrigeration Certificate of Fitness, High Pressure Boiler License, High Pressure Steam Operator, etc.)
- Knowledgeable in energy management systems, techniques, and operations.
- Basic skills with Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Must have a thorough understanding of HVAC, electrical and building automation systems.
- Ability to understand and give general instructions in standard situations.
- Operate and use necessary manual and power-driven tools.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- May require shift work, overtime and/or on call duties.
- Stooping, standing, climbing and frequent lifting of a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pump, tools, ladders) and ability to safely install rigging/lifting device.
- May be required to work extended periods of time without relief when responding to priority/emergency situations (including overtime type assignments).
- Climb ladders and stairs.
WORK SHIFTFirst Shift (United States of America)
APPLY TODAY to be a part of an energetic and motivated team of professionals!
Transwestern offers an exciting work environment, competitive salary and excellent benefits, which include medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as a 401(K) plan. Transwestern is an equal opportunity employer. No agencies or phone calls please.
Apply on company website