DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Horizon Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation`s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Horizon Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We are seeking a Medical Technologist for our facility to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and we are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!Job Summary:
The Medical Technologist demonstrates extensive knowledge of physiology and function of the normal human body, and the changes in the body from disease relevant to the testing in their assigned testing section. Exhibits and adheres to ICARE Standards of Behavior in all areas of job duties and responsibilities. Participates in hospital initiatives and in department goals set by the Laboratory Director.
- You will process and perform preanalytic inspection of specimens for identification and testing acceptability.
- You will perform laboratory test(s) within any of the Laboratory Specialties on patient specimens, evaluates test results, and report/enter/verify test results in Laboratory Information System.
- You will evaluate new and/or modified procedures, reagents and instruments as needed.
- You will perform and evaluate periodic quality control per policy and procedure.
- You will communicate laboratory test knowledge and test results in a professional and appropriate manner.
TriStar Horizon Medical Center is a 157-bed facility serving Dickson and surrounding counties. TriStar Horizon is an accredited Chest Pain Center, fully accredited by The Joint Commission and offers a full array of acute care services, including emergency care, general surgery, cardiology, obstetrics, orthopedics, intensive care, outpatient diagnostic services and cancer care through Sarah Cannon at TriStar Natchez Medical Park. Recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®, TriStar Horizon is committed to providing quality healthcare.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
- Tennessee MT License required
- Basic Life Saving (BLS) Healthcare Provider certification required within 90 days of hire or promotion.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website