SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Nuclear Medical Technologist.Benefits:
We can offer you a benefits package that will best suit your family's needs. You can choose from a variety of medical coverage plans that best your lifestyle. You also have the option to enroll in additional perks such as our matching 401k, medical and childcare flex spending accounts, life insurance, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
TULANE MEDICAL CENTER DOWNTOWN FACTS
· 1415 TULANE AVENUE NEW ORLEANS, LA 70112
· 235 LICENSED BEDS
· NUMBER OF PHYSICIANS: 1,300
· NUMBER OF FTE RNS/LPN: 615
· NUMBER OF FULL TIME EMPLOYEES: 1500Position Summary/Job Duties:
Responsible for the administration of radioactive material to patients for diagnostic, therapeutic, or research purposes. Supports and helps to achieve department goals. Performs all other duties as assigned.
- A Nuclear Medicine technologist integrates scientific knowledge, technical skills, patient interaction and compassionate care resulting in diagnostic information.
- Is able to recognize patient condition, assesses and monitors patient vital signs, takes appropriate action in emergency situations essential for successful completion of procedures while maintaining quality patient care through the use of independent professional and ethical judgment.
- Posses, utilize, and maintain a high degree of accuracy and awareness of radiation safety principles and continually perform and assess quality control measures on equipment and procedures.
- Demonstrate an understanding of human anatomy and physiology, chemistry, nuclear physics, mathematics, and pharmacology, as well as administer medications in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Prepare, administer and document activities related to medications and radiation exposure in accordance to federal, state and institutional policies.
- Poses oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with both patients and others in the health care environment; critical thinking and decision making skills are required.
- Performs assigned room cleanup tasks including disposal, cleaning, inventory and restocking of supplies and equipment.
- Performs all assigned RIS transactions to ensure that accurate patient and procedure information is recorded in a timely fashion for the patient medical record and billing purposes.
- Applies knowledge of growth and development in patient interactions and treatment.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: NMTCB or ARRT (N), LSRT, CPR required.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited Nuclear Medicine Technology Program
- Experience: One year experience preferred, but not required.
- Special qualifications: Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period.
- Work Schedule: PRN
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website