DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Tulane Medical Center is a 327-bed acclaimed teaching, research and medical center serving the greater New Orleans area. Tulane physicians provide leading edge care ranging from primary to tertiary to quaternary in a vast number of specialties.
Tulane Medical Center is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious RN Supervisor Med/Surg to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
Primary Job Duties:
- Supervises staff to provide high quality patient care, including assessment, planning, intervention/evaluation, and monitoring completion of patient education and discharge planning.
- Supervises staff by completing evaluations on time and by initiating disciplinary measures.
- Oversees daily operations of department as demonstrated by maintaining efficient shift management, planning staffing, and maintaining productivity standards.
- Takes part in unit growth and development by sharing in the decision making, exemplifies family centered customer service and conducting regular surveillance rounds, and identifies needs of staff to meet unit demands and promote growth of individual unit.
- Achieves individual professional goals as negotiated with manager(s).
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchases, program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Position Requirements: (Minimum qualifications for the position)
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current RN licensure; CPR required; ACLS required within 1 year.
- Education: Bachelors of Science degree required
- Experience: Minimum of two (2) years clinical experience in area of expertise with demonstrated unit leadership ability.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.”
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website