Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday search bar to view open positions.
All Job Postings will close at 12:01 a.m. CT on the specified Closing Date (if designated). To view the job posting closing date please return to the search for jobs page.
If you close the browser or exit your application prior to submitting, the application process will be saved as a draft. You will be able to access and complete the application through “My Draft Applications” located on your Candidate Home page.
Type of Position: Faculty - Non-Tenure (Research)
Job Type: Regular
Work Shift: Day Shift (United States of America)
Institution Name: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving patient care and the lives of Arkansans.
The safety of our team members at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences is our top priority. For this reason, successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption on file with our Student & Employee Health Services dept. UAMS will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks (available for benefits eligible positions only):
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for qualifying staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply link/button.
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (501) 686-6432 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
At UAMS we value Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Visit our website to learn more: https://ddei.uams.edu/
For general application assistance or if you have questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department: AA | Academics
Summary of Job Duties: The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) is seeking an experienced and innovative leader for the position of Director of the UAMS Library [Professor]. The Library serves UAMS (www.uams.edu), the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Arkansas, which includes colleges of health professions, medicine, nursing, pharmacy, public health, and a graduate school as well as the UAMS Medical Center (hospital and outpatient center) located in Little Rock, Arkansas www.littlerock.com. The Library also serves the Northwest UAMS campus located in Fayetteville and Arkansas Children's Hospital located in Little Rock as well as other UAMS and Regional Programs campuses located throughout the state. This position offers unique opportunities to provide information services, education and research support, and outreach to support the UAMS Vision 2029.
The ideal candidate will have the following professional qualifications and personal characteristics:
- Advanced degree in information science, health/biomedical sciences, or education
- At least five years of experience successfully leading an academic library and/or a health science information or education unit
- Well-developed emotional intelligence with exceptional facilitation, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Demonstrated success in leadership, management, supervision, budgeting, and mentoring
- Knowledge of key issues, emerging technologies, and best practices in education and librarianship
- Record of active professional participation and leadership
- Degree from an ALA-accredited graduate school
- Experience in obtaining and developing grants and other funding resources
- Membership in the Medical Library Association's Academy of Health Information Professionals
Preferred Personal Characteristics
- Passion for excellence and a high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Capacity to embrace change with appropriate respect for culture and tradition
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity
- Motivator and mentor capable of developing strong teams and developing others
- Unquestioned personal integrity
Lead all aspects of library operations, including vision setting, policy development, coordination and planning services, and evaluation of operations, resources, and services.
Cultivate relationships and collaborations with primary communities served throughout the UAMS system, in the community, the state, and regionally.
Lead library departments: Education and Research Services, Historical Research Center and Resource Management, Access Services, and Administration.
Provide guidance and mentorship for library faculty in scholarship, professional development, and promotion.
Promote inclusive environment and service.
Participate in SCAMeL, RML/SCRG, MLA and SCC/MLA, Arkansas Library associations, and consortia.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- The Library is staffed by 21.55 FTEs: 11 professional librarians, one Public Historian (Archivist) 7 paraprofessional and technical staff, and 5 part-time positions.
- The Library is a 44,000 sq foot facility strategically located at the heart of the Little Rock campus plus a separate 2,500 sq foot Historical Research Center Annex also located on campus.
- The Library's budget of $4,000,000 (FY 2020-2021) funds resources, services, and personnel.
- The AAHSL Annual Statistics for 2018 indicates that the UAMS Library fits the profile of the ‘composite' or average health sciences library in annual budget, collection expenditures, number of personnel, composition, and total expenditures.
Commensurate with education and experience
Cover Letter/Letter of Application, Resume
Required Documents to Apply:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Recruitment Contact Information:
Please contact email@example.com for any recruiting related questions.
All application materials must be uploaded to the University of Arkansas System Career Site https://uasys.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/UASYS
Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements: No Background Check Required
This position is subject to pre-employment screening (criminal background, drug testing, and/or education verification). A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Constant Physical Activity: Hearing
Frequent Physical Activity: Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding, Repetitive Motion, Sitting, Standing, Talking, Walking
Occasional Physical Activity: Grasping, Kneeling, Lifting, Pulling, Pushing, Reaching, Stooping
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Apply on company website