Live the experience. From professional empowerment to continual learning opportunities. From ongoing investment in new and emerging technologies to a career of self-determination. At Ulta Beauty, our tech team is critical to our scalability—and is recognized that way. We've been defined as a “mature start-up.” A place where interdepartmental exposure, open doors, and genuine collaboration is ubiquitous. Where challenges come fast and furious, requiring agility, mental dexterity, and creativity. Where our passion for better solutions drives us and is core to who we are.
We're engineering for the future of retail, and it's no-holds-barred. But for those motivated by continual change and ambiguity, by superior leadership, by whip smart colleagues who will press you daily for your very best, you'll find that virtually nothing's impossible at Ulta Beauty.
THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
The primary responsibility for this position will be to architect, lead, implement, and support the effort to build new and reusable test automation frameworks and/or extend existing frameworks, providing end-to-end automated testing in multi-component environment across the enterprise. This position will develop, document, and support large-scale, maintainable automation frameworks and scripts using a variety of open source, vendor-provided, and in-house tools, and languages to support product quality initiatives in a development organization that utilizes both Agile- focused and Waterfall SDLC paradigms. This includes functional, integration, and regression testing of Ulta Beauty's business application platforms as well as the individual SaaS/third party applications that integrate with them. Also, to be developed are “automation assist” scripts and tools, some of which may be disposable, that help advance the quality initiatives in non-traditional ways. This role also works with other members of the test automation team (onshore and offshore), maintaining high quality standards through systematic metrics-driven test planning and test execution.
YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH ALL OF THIS BY:
- Vision Statement/Roadmap: Build on existing capabilities for QA Automation and assess new tools and technologies to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) at Ulta Beauty. This includes new technologies such as scriptless testing and the use of AI-based test automation.
- Systems Design: Support the system design within the functional area and on programs/projects and ensure adherence to relevant technical strategies, policies, standards, and practices (including security).
- Adoption: Work with functional application teams to drive the adoption of test automation processes and best practices.
- Governance and ROI: Develop, maintain, and implement a strategy for collecting and managing metrics from testing frameworks and CI/CD tools to drive continuous improvement of the overall SDLC.
- Innovation/Research: Monitor and investigate new solutions, methods, trends, capabilities, and products to the advancement of the organization's quality and software delivery.
- Technical Advisory: Work closely with QA and performance engineering teams to provide consulting services and expertise on tools and practices related to release management, test environment management (TEM), and test data management (TDM).
- Relationship Management: Develop long-term, strategic relationships with senior stakeholders, maintain a strong understanding of industry and business and act as a subject matter expert on technology.
- Lead and manage a team of Test Automation Engineers / Software Development Engineers in Test (SDETs) both at onsite and offshore who are responsible for test automation development / scripting, execution, and regression testing across various applications
- Lead the definition and evolution of the Enterprise test automation framework and CI/CD framework as part of the enterprise automation function including the adoption of Scriptless automation for testing.
- Create and maintain the enterprise test automation strategy, standards, policies, and best practices to support business and technology objectives
- Drive the governance of test automation script development and maintenance lifecycle to ensure script accuracy, consistency, and quality as well as the reduction of false failures
- Define how test automation can be effectively used & leveraged for testing outside of the QA cycle (e.g. unit test and production)
- Work closely with the enterprise application teams to define the test automation strategy, drive adoption of best practices and alignment with the overall enterprise project delivery strategy and portfolio roadmaps
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or applicable work experience.
- 10-12+ years of overall experience in Application Development and / or Test Automation Architecture / design / development / methodologies.
- 8+ years hands-on experience in Test Automation Tools like Selenium, Appium, Apple XCUITest, Android UIAutomator, Katalon, TOSCA, etc.
- 5-6+ years of Hands-on experience in working with BDD / TDD models and tools like Cucumber, jBehave, Mockito, Chai, etc.
- Solid understanding of test automation practices and architecture for scalability and maintainability
- 8+ years hands-on experience in solutioning, designing, developing & implementing commercial or open source or home-grown test automation frameworks & accelerators
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in designing and developing test automation for web & mobile web applications built on top of Node JS, Angular JS, React JS, etc.
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in designing and developing test automation for Mobile Native Apps (iOS / Android)
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in designing and developing test automation for Point of Sale, Warehouse Management, or other related retail platforms / applications
- 4+ years of experience with relational & non-relational databases is a plus
- Solid experience with SOAP and/or REST based Web Services development, testing and/or Web Services Test Automation using tools like RestAssured, Apache HTTP, POSTMAN, SOAPUI or any other open-source tools
- Strong hands-on experience on CI/CD processes and build / deployment tools like Harness, Jenkins, TeamCity, CircleCI, Bamboo, Maven, Gradle, shell / groovy scripting, etc.
- Solid experience with version controls mechanism and tools like, Bitbucket GIT, GitHub, GitLabs, etc.
- Extensive experience with scriptless and AI-based testing tools is a plus
- Experience in a hybrid cloud environment like GCP, AWS, Oracle, etc.
- Experience with commerce solutions / platforms like Oracle ATG, Hybris, IBM WCS, CommerceTools, Salesforce, etc.
- Hands-on experience in using Test Management / Defect Management tools like XRAY, JIRA, Zephyr, etc.
- Familiarity with enterprise and test environment management solutions like Plutora or Xebia Labs
- Excellent people skills with the ability to mentor team members and educate others on automation principles
- Experience with Agile methodologies is a huge plus
- Able to take direction, proactively seek out information and build productive working relationships.
- Ability to work and lead in a fast-paced & evolving environment
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Strong & mature verbal communication and writing skills
- Able to comfortably interact with personnel at multiple levels
- Must be able to plan and prioritize multiple project initiatives simultaneously
- Must be comfortable planning and allocating tasks and communicating with multiple vendor-partner offshore teams.
At Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty's own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring—hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.
Apply on company website