Experience a place of energy, passion, and excitement. A place where the joy of discovery and uncommon artistry blend to create exhilarating buying experiences—for true beauty enthusiasts. At Ulta Beauty, we're transforming the world one shade, one lash, one cut at a time. Because beauty is powerful.
If you seek greater purpose—a place of vision, mission, and lived values—where voices are heard, contributions valued and recognized and growth opportunities abound, consider Ulta Beauty. Nowhere else are the possibilities quite this beautiful.
THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
As a Lead Cashier at Ulta Beauty, you are passionate about the guest experience, process excellence, delivering exceptional results, and proactively collaborating, leading, and influencing peers within your store. If you're a genuine Beauty Enthusiast who wants to make a real difference in the lives of your guests, you will have the opportunity to put your excitement for beauty on full display, while ensuring that everything in the store is clean, fully stocked and ready to “wow” guests and influence peers.
You'll accomplish all of this by:
- Promptly acknowledging and warmly greeting each guest entering the store
- Offering friendly, knowledgeable and courteous service that always takes priority over other related duties
- Determining each guest's needs and answering questions concerning products and services (partnering with management as needed)
- Recommending additional and complementary products and/or services based on guest interests or items already selected for purchase, promoting the Ulta Beauty loyalty and guest service programs
- Assisting in the training of new cashiers, the cross-training of other associates, and in driving loyalty results, including credit
- Supporting store management by completing associate chat ins and chat outs as well as associate bag checks as needed
- Completing select register open and close functions as directed by the manager on duty
- Informing guests of current promotions, events and services within the store, booking appointment for in-store events
- Serving multiple guests at one time while maintaining composure during busy or peak selling times
- Helping to eliminate and/or reduce potential theft of product by providing exceptional guest service and maintaining awareness while on the sales floor
- Courteously handling sales, refunds and exchanges
- Ensuring all resets and planograms are executed properly, setting up advertising displays or arranging merchandise to highlight sales and promotional events
- Ensuring the store is replenished throughout the day and merchandising all products to company standards on shelves and tables
- Participating in physical inventory preparation, execution and follow-up
- Executing receipt of shipment truck within company guidelines
- Ensuring overall store cleanliness including restrooms, cashwrap, backroom and sales floor
- Staying informed regarding new or existing products (e.g., their ingredients and benefits) to better serve guests
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
Qualified candidates will possess a high school diploma (or equivalent), with 2+ years of relevant work experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience). Additional requirements include:
- A demonstrated passion for superior guest service and a competency for selling, demonstrating experience in exceeding sales goals, and building and maintaining guest relationships
- Experience addressing guests concerns and questions promptly and professionally
- The ability to work well independently and as part of a team, training new hires
- Proficiency with basic technology (e.g., POS system and Apple devices)
- The ability to work a flexible schedule to include days, evenings, weekdays, and holidays
- On a regular basis, requires the ability to stand, bend and lift up to 25 pounds of merchandise for a full-scheduled shift
Cashier Lead, Head Cashier, Sales Associate, Cashier, Inventory Associate, Customer Service Representative, Clerk, Merchandising Associate
The pay range for this position is $15.00 - $21.05 / Hour with the opportunity to earn additional compensation pursuant with the Company's bonus plan. Exact pay will be based on factors including but not limited to relevant education qualifications certifications experience level shift geographic location and business and organizational needs. Visit our Benefits and Career Development page:https://careers.ulta.com/careers/about-us/benefits-and-career-development
At Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty's own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring—hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.
Apply on company website