The Regional Loss Prevention Manager (RLPM) leads a team of 3-7 Area Loss Prevention Managers (ALPMs); coordinates shrink improvement and asset protection programs for a Region of approximately 8-14 Districts which includes approximately 100-150 Ulta Beauty Stores. The RLPM fosters positive relationships with Store Operations Regional Vice President and District Managers and works with Corporate and Supply Chain Business Partners to drive improvements to inventory shrinkage, safety and overall store controls. Reviews the quality of work performed by the Area Loss Prevention Team to ensure that company standards and procedures are followed. The RLPM acts on behalf of the company to prevent, minimize, and/or recover losses when they occur.
In all we do, we strive to uphold the company's values in which we win together, give wow experiences, improve always, do what's right and, love what we do and own what we do.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Functions)
- Hire, manage and develop Area Loss Prevention Managers for future growth; focus on individual development and succession planning to build bench strength and increase internal promotions.
- Provide training, development and advice to Area Loss Prevention Managers in all aspects of their role including training, investigations, interviews, audits, case management, exception reporting etc…
- In partnership with Area Loss Prevention Manager, educate District Managers, Salon, General Manager and Store Associates in shrink awareness including programs and methods for protecting inventory, cash, equipment and other company assets.
- Investigate evidence of loss using multiple tools and resources and conduct interviews in a timely manner regarding integrity, theft and violation of company policy. Provide Regional Vice President and District Managers with recommendations for resolution and improvement.
- Complete XBRi review as needed to ensure direct reports utilize store exception reporting to develop internal investigations.
- Review regional reports and analytics to validate ALPMs complete required store visits and audits. Assess and consult with ALPM and District Managers on opportunities to improve results based on store audits.
- In partnership with Regional Vice President, develop Region's strategic shrink plan including coordination of Shrink Focus Store program
- Partner with Regional Vice President and District Managers to coordinate and present information to store's and field audience including conference calls and regional and district meetings.
- Ensure store surveillances (opening and closing) are conducted by ALPMs regularly using Loss Prevention tools (inc. covert, remote and in-store CCTV) to identify potential internal integrity issues, safety concerns, fines, lost sales and activity that affect the business.
- Partner with Area LP Managers and Field Leaders to investigate external incidents (i.e. burglary, ORC activity and robbery) and develop action plans for the implementation of preventative measures that will reduce the frequency of the events.
- Partners with Loss Prevention Director and Vice President, Loss Prevention to identify, recommend and deploy new and upgraded store LP attributes, technology, process improvements related to shrink, security, safety, sanitation and cash management.
- Approves and manages team expenses and timely reporting
- Reviews the quality of internal and external investigations and interviews performed by the Area Loss Prevention Team to ensure that company standards and procedures are followed and case data is accurate; provides feedback and coaching to ALPM as needed.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with Store Operations Regional Vice President, District Managers and Store Teams and work collaboratively with Corporate and Supply Chain Business Partners to drive improvements in inventory shrinkage, safety and store conditions.
- Participate in various Loss Prevention programs and initiatives and lead special projects to strengthen overall Loss Prevention team and deliver on our company goals and objectives.
- Partner with local law enforcement and retail network as needed to drive case resolution.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Wicklander-Zulawski Interviewing Certificate
- CFI (Certified Forensic Interviewer)
- Minimum five (5) years' experience in Loss Prevention and in a retail environment; multi-store experience is preferred in a supervisory role
- Strong business relationship skills and leadership competencies
- Exceptional written, verbal, electronic communication and presentation skills
- High level of confidentiality and superior organization skills with attention to detail
- Solid analytical skills; able to identify trends to help drive sales, business plans and support operational initiatives that directly correlate with shrink
- Must be comfortable working in an independent manner, able to multi-task, be flexible with and embrace change and prioritize the needs of the business
- Ability to provide guidance and make appropriate decisions in complex and stressful situations
- Good working knowledge of current technology and its application to the role ( MS Office, EAS, Burglar Alarms, CCTV, Kronos, case management software, exception based reporting etc.)
- Ability to learn new software programs with minimal training
- Flexible schedule that meets the needs of the business (schedule may include evenings, weekends and holidays)
- In-town and out-of-town travel within designated market; overnight travel up to 75%
- Responds to store based emergencies and high degree of accessibility
- Physical demands include periodic ladder climbing, minor equipment repairs, installation of covert cameras or relocation and lifting up to 50 pounds in a retail store environment
- Home based office
Apply on company website