Service is our passion. We serve by providing safe, high quality care to all, achieving excellent financial performance, and training tomorrow's healthcare professionals.
To Serve Our Patients in the Best Teaching Hospital in the Country
- Magnet Designated
- 501 licensed beds
- Regions only Level I Trauma Center
- Regions only BICU
- DNV accredited
- Primary teaching hospital for the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC)
- Ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in Texas by Texas Monthly
General Job / Performance Information
- Education and Experience
- High school diploma or G.E.D., two years of food service experience preferred.
- Environmental / Working Conditions
- Well-lit and well-ventilated setting
- Interaction with Other Departments and Other Relationships
- Customers, employees, physicians, patients, and others. Able to interface with Texas Tech Health Science Center and University Medical Center staff at all levels.
- Job Description
- To be able to work all work stations in an efficient and productive manner with the customer being the focal point of your job. This customer focus can best be described as quality, service, cleanliness, and courtesy at all times. Without the customer, we would have no need to be in business.
- Required Licensures / Certifications / Registrations
- High school diploma or G.E.D., two years of food service experience preferred
- Physical Capabilities
- Be able to work quickly and efficiently for extended periods of time. This time would vary from 3 to 6 hours at a time without a break. Be able to stand on your feet constantly for an extended period (3 to 6 hours). Be able to lift 0-40 pounds at a minimum time. Be able to bend and stoop while working on a regular basis. Be able to sweep, mop, and clean the Cafeteria and equipment as directed by the manager on duty. Work is of substantial demand. Walking and standing a great deal of time. Lifting of supplies and moving equipment. Hours may be irregular.
- Skills and Abilities
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website