Service is our passion. We serve by providing safe, high quality care to all, achieving excellent financial performance, and training tomorrow's healthcare professionals.
To Serve Our Patients in the Best Teaching Hospital in the Country
- Magnet Designated
- 501 licensed beds
- Regions only Level I Trauma Center
- Regions only BICU
- DNV accredited
- Primary teaching hospital for the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC)
- Ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in Texas by Texas Monthly
- Education and Experience
- Registered Vascular Sonographer (ARDMS), or registry eligible with at least two years of experience. Attendance of an approved school of diagnostic ultrasound or the equalivent is desired. High school diploma is required with some higher education in a health care related field desired. CPR certification required upon employment.
- Environmental / Working Conditions
- Works in a well-lighted, heated and ventilated building. Hours may vary to accommodate needs in the department as prescribed by the philosophy of the hospital. Occupational exposure to blood born pathogens is moderate to low.
- Interaction with Other Departments and Other Relationships
- This position requires interaction with medical staff and ancillary areas in order to facilitate a quality multi-disciplinary approach to patient care.
- Job Description
- Under the supervision of the Director of the Cardiopulmonary and Vascular labs, the vascular sonographer will perform Duplex Doppler studies of the arterial and venous systems on both adult and pediatric patients. Will participate and be able to formulate preliminary reports for the physician. Will be responsible for maintaining permanent records on each patient. Will be responsible for maintaining competence and training in new areas of vascular ultrasound development. Will perform Echocardiographic exams if he/she is qualified to do so.
- Required Licensures / Certifications / Registrations
- See Education and Experience
- Physical Capabilities
- Must be emotionally and physically fit. Work requires frequent standing and lifting of patients and supplies. Work is sometimes stressful with many emotional demands. Must possess visual and aural acuity to listen to dictated tapes and read handwriting of physicians. Must possess near visual and auditory acuity. Adequate hand eve coordination and fine motor skills are required
- Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency is required in performing ultrasound and Doppler on both adult and pediatric patients. Must be able to work independently and express independent judgement. Must possess good organizational skills.
Apply on company website