Service is our passion. We serve by providing safe, high quality care to all, achieving excellent financial performance, and training tomorrow's healthcare professionals.
To Serve Our Patients in the Best Teaching Hospital in the Country
- Magnet Designated
- 501 licensed beds
- Regions only Level I Trauma Center
- Regions only BICU
- DNV accredited
- Primary teaching hospital for the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC)
- Ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in Texas by Texas Monthly
- Education and Experience
4 Years experience as a commercial carpenter.Â High school diploma or equivalent.
- Environmental / Working Conditions
- This position is mostly subject to inside conditions; however, may be required to be outdoors occasionally. Occasionally may require work with environmental hazards, (i.e., noisy environment, work infectious agents, near power supplies / machinery, etc.) Occasionally may require work with toxic chemicals. Danger from falling cuts and abrasions are present. Subject to call-backs at all times. Telephone or equivalent is required.
- Interaction with Other Departments and Other Relationships
Interactions with vistors, staff and patients on a daily basis.
- Job Description
- Performs a variety of tasks in and around the hospital complex; including, but not limited to, framing, cabinet making, tile work, demo and drywall, door repairs, and general construction in accordance with JCAHO standards and applicable codes. Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Required Licensures / Certifications / Registrations
- None required.
- Physical Capabilities
- Work is of medium demand (i.e., walking, climbing, stooping, physical exertion and heavy lifting on occasion).
- Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read blueprints and mechanical drawings. Ability to complete construction projects on time with minimal supervision. Must work well with others and be a team player.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website